cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

I canceled my plan and paid all the early termination fees back in March as I have lived out of the country for over two years, but kept the lines active as I had my parents on my line. Why did I start getting charged monthly, again???? I have no active l

Miembro

I canceled my plan and paid all the early termination fees back in March as I have lived out of the country for over two years, but kept the lines active as I had my parents on my line. Why did I start getting charged monthly, again???? I have no active line and have a new phone plan where I live. Please refund all the fees after my cancellation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I canceled my plan and paid all the early termination fees back in March as I have lived out of the country for over two years, but kept the lines active as I had my parents on my line. Why did I start getting charged monthly, again???? I have no acti

Líder Sénior

IT sounds like you suspended your lines, not canceled, which until recently could be done for up to 180 days. 

After 180 days suspended, the lines automatically reactivate.

Jeanette018987 wrote:

I canceled my plan (No, you kept your plan and account and suspended your lines) and paid all the early termination fees back in March as I have lived out of the country for over two years, but kept the lines active as I had my parents on my line (Account). Why did I start getting charged monthly, again???? I have no active line and have a new phone plan where I live. Please refund all the fees after my cancellation.

YOu will have to contact Verizon directly.

I Made corrections in the wording so that you get the right action from Verizon (since it wasn't right the last time)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I canceled my plan and paid all the early termination fees back in March as I have lived out of the country for over two years, but kept the lines active as I had my parents on my line. Why did I start getting charged monthly, again???? I have no acti

Miembro

I stated to Verizon that I have lived and moved out of the U.S. and I needed to suspend/cancel my services! What else does it mean if I say I no longer live in the country??? There should be a lawyer taking up all these cases.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

There is no need for a lawyer. You need to be clear with the rep and tell them which telephone numbers need to be cancelled and which need to stay active.

"Hi, I moved outside of the US and no longer require Verizon services. Please cancel my telephone number xxx-xxx-xxxx. I understand that by cancelling this number I will not be able to get it back and should I require Verizon services in the future I will need to get a completely different number."

If you say suspend the line they will do that. They are not in the business of trying to interpret intentions. Had you intended to suspend the line with the intention of using it again in the future and they cancelled it how mad would you have been? You must be very clear. Besides, turning a line of service off for good is a loss of revenue and they will listen for the word suspend and choose that option first.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I stated that I would pay the early termination fee and I need the entire account closed/suspended/ended/killed...etc etc....How they go on charging me month after month while I'm out of the country is robbery!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Because you said suspended. I have already explained that to you. I understand that you are upset that you got something other than what you thought you were getting. I suggest calling them again and NEVER say suspend.

Highlighted

The key word here is suspended. If there is even the tiniest possibility you do mean SUSPEND rather than CANCEL or DISCONNECT, they will suspend, as sprmankalel said. Once you disconnect it is almost impossible to get your number back, plus suspending means they aren't permanently losing that revenue. If you suspended (without billing) in March, billing resumed in September. If you were under contract (which you were since you say you paid ETFs), you either: did NOT pay ETFs and the suspension extended the contract; or you paid the ETF, which ended the contract(s) but not the phone lines, then suspended the lines. Either way, six months would be the longest you went without paying for service on the lines in question.

The moral of the story is, if you mean DISCONNECT, say DISCONNECT. "Suspend" should not be included in that request, because any business will always choose continued revenue of the customer is not specific enough, not just Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ninja'd! 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

IF you cancel your line (the account owner and I assume the only administrator on the account) you would also lose ability to logon and control the account. 

You need to transfer administration on the account to a line that is staying active.

ASking for the account owners line to be canceled, leaving no administrator may have come up when you tried to cancel service in March.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I am the main account owner and called to say I'd like to close/end/terminate the account because I no longer needed it! What other language would I have to explain this in?

0 Likes