cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

How to payoff Device

Miembro

I purchased the S8+ and also traded in my Note 5 for the $360 credit. Instead of the $360 automatically being deducted from my total I found out that they only put $15 of it towards my device payment every month, so the full $840 Is still showing as what I owe. First of all, how low of Verizon is it that they now have possession of my Note 5 but I do not see the full credit of it right away. Secondly, I tried finding out if I could just turn in my S8+ and use an old device that I owned but I was told I would still have to pay off the balance. So Verizon gets to keep 2 very expensive devices and I still owe them money.... Does anyone have tips or advice on if this is true?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How to payoff Device

Community Manager
Community Manager

CWEBB2610,

We know ohw important it is to be able to get the credit you deserve. How long ago did you complete the trade in? It can take 1-2 billing cycles for the credit to appear.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

My question is why does my amount due for my phone show $840. From my

understanding of the trade in was that the amount of $360 was supposed to

be taken off the total due and that my payments would be lowered to $20 a

month. Now i find that only $15 each month is put towards my total due and

that if i were to trade the S8+ in early I would need to pay the remaining

balance and my trade in would not count towards it.

On Jul 3, 2017 10:34 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

That is a great question, CWEBB2610. It's important to understand how the trade-in promotions work. The trade-in doesn't apply to the total amount financed for your Galaxy S8+. The trade-in does provide you with a monthly promotional credit, which is what you're seeing on your monthly bill.

If you did decide to trade-in your Galaxy S8+ prior to reaching 50% there would still be an amount due that would not be offset by the promotional credit, however once you reach 50% there wouldn't be any additional payments due for your agreement, but you would lose the remaining monthly bill credits. Does this help clear up any confusion?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes