cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

How to call customer service from a (now) non-Verizon phone?

TRUEDRAGON3
Miembro

I changed providers and everything I saw said you needed to switch first and then call your old provider to cancel your service. Well my new provider was having an issue on their end and couldn't port my Verizon number over, so I had to get a new number. No big deal. Until I tried calling Verizon this evening and they won't let the call go anywhere because the phone shows I'm not a customer any more. Which isn't true but still, it begs the question how am I suppose to get my service cancelled now? I know for a fact when you go in store they make you call customer support to do it. And I obviously can't. Online chat couldn't help either, he gave me a number for the port center which is not what I need.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: How to call customer service from a (now) non-Verizon phone?

Community Manager
Community Manager

TRUEDRAGON3,

We truly apologize that you have had to got through all of this. This is definitely not how we wanted your first expereince to be with us. We want to ensure you get everything squared away. Just to clarify, are you trying to cancel your Verizon service that you just set up? Were you able to get everything fixed with your previous carrier & the port over? 

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

lukevinyl

I believe they are saying they ported out FROM VZW.

As long as you know the phone number or account number for the "OLD" account or can provide your social over the phone for the rep to locate the account, they can then verify with the pin/password or can send a pin to the phone that is active so they can assist.

If you can't verify over the phone with the  pin/PW or one sent to the phone, you would need to go to a store to have them verify you with a photo ID  and then call in for the cancellation while there, where they can advise they've verified you with a photo ID.....

0 Me gusta

TRUEDRAGON3
Miembro

Right I switched FROM Verizon not TO Verizon. I know my only option is gonna be going to the store and hope they can help me, at least make the call for me and let me take it from there.

What happens when I try to call from my phone now is it detects it's no longer a Verizon phone and says dial *611 to get my new carrier's customer service...and that's the end of it. There's no menu options the call just goes dead in the water.

0 Me gusta

lukevinyl

Gotcha.

Try calling 1-800-922-0204 from it rather than dialing *611, and then enter the phone number that  is active still when prompted-- which should pull up the account.

Otherwise, yes the store will have to be your next best solution.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Or find a landline to call from.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta