cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How to Get Credit on Employee Discount Not Applied Since July 2014?

NCCustomer2002
Miembro

Looking at my October bill, I noticed the employee discount was not correctly applied to both lines's access plans AND data plans.

Back on October 19, I called Customer Service and after speaking to two employees, each agreed that Verizon Wireless had made an error and said they would look into how I would get a credit. I was on hold that evening so long I was able to find the FAQ about employee discounts that stated the $ amount minimum required for the access plan and data plans was fulfilled on each line.

I also had time to look back to bills from July 2014 and all the bills from then onwards (10 bills in total) lacked the discount on one of the lines data plan.

At the end of October 19, I was told I'd be informed of the outcome with a call.

The lady from Customer Service called back on a different date than the one agreed upon and I wasn't able to take the call. I called back a day later and had to go through the entire explanation about how the employee discount was not being correctly applied to one of the lines data plans. This time I spoke to a supervisor in Bloomington, IL who finally agreed that Verizon Wireless had indeed made an error and again, I was told that I'd get a callback or an email. He promised this and today is October 28 and I've not heard anything from anyone.

All I want Verizon Wireless to do is to credit for the overcharge since July 2014 (that they agreed was their error) AND to ensure that the employee discount is correctly applied going forward.

Coincidentally. the same thing happened back in May 2014 and I was given a credit on the next bill, June 2014 but clearly. Verizon Wireless didn't actually apply all the discounts correctly.

Has anyone had similar billing issues and successfully had them resolved by Verizon Wireless?

It is October 28 now.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta

Re: How to Get Credit on Employee Discount Not Applied Since July 2014?

flutterfly8497

They won't backdate employee discounts, regardless of what a rep may tell you...they are probably just trying to appease you. The discount takes effect the day it is applied to the account, and I have known people who have been caught in an endless loop of verifying employment and calling to get it applied, and some have never succeeded in actually getting it. You could push for a credit for the hassle, but it probably won't be what you want. It sucks, but there is nothing that guarantees you will get a discount.

0 Me gusta

flutterfly8497

Also, it's not an overcharge. It's the price you agreed to, the price of your plan. The discount is a "perk," so again, it isn't something they will backdate. They will even prorate the discount should it take effect in the middle of your billing cycle.

0 Me gusta

Toyota4x4van

What plan(s) do you have?  On the More Everything plans, and the new Verizon Plans, employee discounts only apply to the Data pkg, not the line access, although your employer may have negotiated something different with VZW.

0 Me gusta

NCCustomer2002
Miembro

My access plan is America's Choice 450 which is the original plan I chose when becoming a Verizon customer in 2002.

Yesterday, I discussed at length (on a call that lasted nearly 90 minutes probably) whether the data plan on one of the lines was eligible for the Employee Discount. I referred to a specific answer in the FAQ about Employee Discounts. It's no. 3 on this page:

Discounts Validation FAQs | Verizon Wireless

The senior Customer Service employee insisted that the data plan that was not getting the Employee Discount was not eligible because the data plan had insufficient GB but if you read there answer to no. 3 in the FAQ, there is no reference to the capacity of the data plan, only the $ amount paid for it and each line's access plan and data plan fulfilled the criteria.

The senior Customer Service employee admitted I was correct and put me on hold while he showed this page to his superior.

I said that there may be internal Verizon Wireless documents explain the criteria differently but this is not what is publicly published on the Verizon Wireless website that is accessible to the public and customers.

Also, the other line's data plan is having the Employee Discount applied correctly.

I'm not impressed by Verizon Wireless's inability to be wholly transparent about its discounts. i.e. sharing its criteria with the public and existing customers.

I was told at the end of the call, by the senior Customer Service person that a more senior VW executive is visiting today and that he will tell her about this discrepancy.

The hope is that VW correctly applies all discounts to my bill going forward but it would seem that this is incredibly difficult given the internal criteria for Employee Discounts versus what is published publicly.

0 Me gusta

flutterfly8497

The problem is the specifics of the discounts is based on the contract with your employer, and is therefore not published in the FAQs because it isn't a universal policy. Some discounts require certain data allotments or certain price points. Regardless, you are unlikely to get a credit going back over a year. Maybe 3 months, but probably not even that.

0 Me gusta