cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

How to Change Name Associated with Phone Number

Miembro

There are three separate phone numbers on our account.  Each number has a person's name associated with it.  Two of them are wrong, and I am trying to find out where that can be corrected.  I called Customer Support and they directed me to where you can change the name of the DEVICES.  The names of the devices are correct.  It is the name associated with the lines... the phone numbers that I need to correct.  She said she didn't know how that was done, and the only place in her system to change the names was in the DEVICES section.  So.... does anyone know where I can go in My Verizon to change the name associated with a particular phone number????  When I check our data usage for each number, it does not show the device names... it shows the names of the people associated with that phone number... and since two of them are wrong, it gets confusing.  Thanks for any input.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How to Change Name Associated with Phone Number

Community Manager
Community Manager

Having the right name associated with your phone is important for sure, windsorbear. I apologize that when you called you weren't able to get this completed. You can set up this feature for sure. Check out our feature called Share Name ID: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/share-name-id-faqs/ This will provide you the steps on how to get this completed. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Unfortunately, "Share-Name-ID" does not seem to affect the "name" of the actual phone number line.  The way I am seeing things, there is a "phone line name", a "device name", and a "share-id" name... 3 different things that do not share the info with each other.  I was told yesterday by a tech rep that it is a known glitch in the system, and that I need to set my line name to the same as my device name, save them, and the log out, log back in, and then change the device names again, and it would change the line names to the same as the device names..... but..... it didn't work.

Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

windsorbear, Share Name ID does allow to update the name that appears on a caller ID, however based on what you have stated, I gather that you want to change the name on the account itself for these individual lines, is that correct? If so, please refer to the link below for this particular process.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/name-your-device-faqs/

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes