cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

How should I divide my family plan bill?

Miembro

I am the account holder for a 15GB/mo Family Plan for $100/month. On the account is myself, my brother/his wife, and our mother. Our mom uses barely any data per month, I use between 1.5-2GB/mo, and my brother/his wife use between 8-12GB/mo (because there currently isn't any internet available in their area). I am looking for suggestions on what the best way would be to split the bill, given that a majority of the data usage is coming from my brother and his wife.

Any suggestions, thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Gracias,

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: How should I divide my family plan bill?

Miembro

Edwin and the rest of customer support staff,

You can stop replying. I'm not going to split the bill evenly between our 4 lines when two individuals are using 2/3 the data each month. And yes, I am familiar with the Verizon website and can view how much usage each line is using, hence how I know, and previously stated, how much we each use on the average.

Thanks anyways.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

XfactorAce,
Keeping families in check is always important when it comes to our data plans. I can relate as I have 6 lines on my account. Are you looking to limit the usage for your account for each line? Like set a limite for each line to use.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Hola Erin,

No, I'm not looking to limit anyone's usage. I know and understand that my brother and his wife use the majority of the data, but I would like the each individuals bill to represent that.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

The inherent risked sharing.  What is fair to one is not fair to the other.  Split evenly or get separated plans

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Thanks for getting back to us, XfactorAce. I would be happy to assist you with how to see their individual billing details on each line. Do you have access to My Verizon? Here's a way to view the details of the bill http://tiny.cc/wgseay and depending on the plan you are on as a family, you can look at the shared data package and divide it by the amount of lines you have to give you a ruff idea how much each line represents for billing purposes.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Edwin and the rest of customer support staff,

You can stop replying. I'm not going to split the bill evenly between our 4 lines when two individuals are using 2/3 the data each month. And yes, I am familiar with the Verizon website and can view how much usage each line is using, hence how I know, and previously stated, how much we each use on the average.

Thanks anyways.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Hopefully your family is on good enough terms that you can mutually agree to split the $100 data charge equitably, based on % of usage, and then each member pays their line access fee to use the minutes and texts.  Verizon is not going to split the bill for you and tally the usage and charge accordingly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

And that is where family unity can come apart.  What if you go over one month because you used 1/3 plus an extra megabyte that put you over and now there is an overage charge.  The other two still used 2/3 of the data, what they were expecting to.  You should pay the overage in this case since you used more than your allotment.  You should really consider hashing all this out with them ahead of time.  I would  consider adding family base so you can prevent overage usage. 

0 Likes