cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How have I been incurring data usage while I am connected to wi-fi?

DeanSwish
Miembro

How have I been incurring data usage while I am  a) at home b) connected to WiFi and c) sleeping ? Noone else uses my phone or plan. No apps are running in the background as far as I can tell. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: How have I been incurring data usage while I am connected to wi-fi?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good question. There are a couple things that may be a factor. If you have an iPhone, Wi-Fi Assist will use data over the network if the Wi-Fi connection is slow. There can also be delayed usage reporting. Sometimes data usage from earlier in the day or even from previous days does not get reported immediately. This can make it look like data use has occurred at a time when it is not possible. More information can be obtained by calling in or messaging us on Facebook or Twitter.

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

ROBBYJ4000
Miembro

There is obviously a issue the way the data is being counted. My wife got a new IPhone  6 plus and we have always had roughly 3gb of data even when we had 5 phones on this account now we have only 2 and she is set up for wifi usage everywhere but I have had to go up to 12gb one month until we could troubleshoot the issue. 1st Verizon said to turn off wifi assist and that barely made a dent, then we went back in and they said to turn off data even  your using wifi because the system will switch to data even if your on wifi because it's faster... I mean really why would I want to keep switching data off and on? When you switch data off you don't get your text or email or you get em sporadically. I believe the system should do that automatically. I see someone opening up a class action investigation if this isn't figured out. I clearly believe this is a programming error. We just changed to the new data program to switch the phone to SAFE MODE when you eat up all your data and then the phone reduces your speed and restricts your usage until your month resets.. And of coarse it costs more a month for that... So as of now she went thru gab on the new plan and is restricted but she has 10 days before it resets....????

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

ROBBYJ4000, being able to see exactly where your data is going is crucial. We do have a great tool that will help with monitoring the data utilization and you can learn more about it by clicking here: http://spr.ly/6587BxLa7 We also can take a direct look over the account and usage if you contact us directly by calling 1-800-922-0204. We look forward to further assisting.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta