cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How does data sharing work?

godsson
Miembro

I also have a question for you VERIZON WIRELESS!!!! I am going to be a NEW customer and am VERY confused to your new share everything plan..... so im going to ask this in the easiest way i possibly can..... simply.... my dad and I are going to sign up im getting the iphone 5 and hes getting the samsung galaxy s3 and since were new and have to sign up for the share everything my question to you is DO WE HAVE TO SHARE OUR DATA? were both getting 2GB for each of our phones so does the data automatically share? or do we have to use our phone as a hotspot to share our data? because if the data just automatically shares with who else is on your plan and you have 2Gb of data your gonna run thru that VERY fast. can we use our data SEPARATELY For example my dad is entitled to his 2GB he signed up for and im entitled to my 2GB WITHOUT SHARING or do we have to share our data? and if i ever DO wanna share my data how do i share my data?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (4)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Share everything plan

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

godsson wrote:

well my dad an i are going to sign up under his name and were both getting smartphones..... so let me ask you this then.... is the ONLY way to share your data to tether and to use ur device as a mobile hotspot? besides that each person is entitled to their own 2GB per phone correct??

Sharing data is just like sharing minutes, with the added capability of being able to ALSO share it with devices via the hotspot which are not even on your plan.

You have a pool of data. If you want to have 2GB/phone, you will need to sign up for 4GB of shared data. If one phone uses 3 of those 4GB, though, the other phone would only have 1GB to use before you see overages. This is the SAME as if you were on a 700 minute share plan and one phone used 500 of those minutes. The other would only be able to use 200 minutes before overages were incurred. Sharing does not mean you split them evenly. It only means the ENTIRE pool of data is available to EITHER phone and when the pool of data has been used up, you will start to incur overages, regardless if one phone has used ALL of the data, most of the data or an equal amount of data.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

You are automatically sharing your pool of data. If you choose the 2 GB plan then you have only 2 GB between the both of you to use before you get charged for overages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

The data belongs to your account.  if you have 2GB all things attached to your account will use that data.  You can tether devices that are not connected using your phones.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

godsson
Miembro

well my dad an i are going to sign up under his name and were both getting smartphones..... so let me ask you this then.... is the ONLY way to share your data to tether and to use ur device as a mobile hotspot? besides that each person is entitled to their own 2GB per phone correct??

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

godsson wrote:

Sharing data is just like sharing minutes, with the added capability of being able to ALSO share it with devices via the hotspot which are not even on your plan.

You have a pool of data. If you want to have 2GB/phone, you will need to sign up for 4GB of shared data. If one phone uses 3 of those 4GB, though, the other phone would only have 1GB to use before you see overages. This is the SAME as if you were on a 700 minute share plan and one phone used 500 of those minutes. The other would only be able to use 200 minutes before overages were incurred. Sharing does not mean you split them evenly. It only means the ENTIRE pool of data is available to EITHER phone and when the pool of data has been used up, you will start to incur overages, regardless if one phone has used ALL of the data, most of the data or an equal amount of data.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

godsson
Miembro

WOW thats stupid..... they should give YOU the choice to share or not give people a little freedom in there decision making instead of making them share data their paying for

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Customers were asking for a shared data plan for years. So Verizon Wireless gave it to them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

godsson
Miembro

so since we both have 2 GB of data for each phone we have a total of 4 GB a month to use/share right

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

godsson wrote:

WOW thats stupid..... they should give YOU the choice to share or not give people a little freedom in there decision making instead of making them share data their paying for

YOU do have the decision. If YOU do not want to SHARE data with others on a SHARED plan, then don't enter into a SHARED plan with others!

By SHARING a plan with another, though, you are lowering the cost for BOTH of you. I don't see how this is "stupid".

Por ejemplo:

Share plan with 2 smartphones: $80 for phone access (2 x $40) + $70 (4GB of shared data) = $150 ($75/person) + taxes.

Individual Share plan with a smartphone: $40 for phone access + $60 (2GB of shared data) = $100 (for just you) + taxes.

Looking at the 2 choices, which one seems MORE "stupid"? Of course, YOU get to have complete control over how YOU share the data. I guess if that is more important to you, it is an easy choice.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

It is NOT 2GB for EACH phone, but a pool of 4GB that either phone can access. When the COMBINED usage exceeds 4GB, then you would be paying for overages. This can be 4GB for one phone and 0 GB for the other, 3 GB for 1 phone and 1GB for the other, or 2GB for each phone. It doesn't matter how it is distributed, just the TOTAL usage is what matters.

Edit: Of course, this assumes you are choosing the 4GB tier for $70/month. If you choose the 2GB tier for $60/month, then you would have a pool of 2GB TOTAL data to share.

0 Me gusta