cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

¿Cómo uso el reconocimiento de responsabilidad para agregar un dispositivo a mi línea?

Miembro

Hola:

My husband and I are interested in having my mother-in-law join our plan. We still have another year before we can renew our phones and were just going to have her join then. However, she is out of her 2-year plan and has not upgraded her phone in over 2 years. What and when is the best way/time for her to join our account and upgrade her phone? Does she have to upgrade her phone when she joins our plan? What will that do to our plan, if anything? Will she just jump onto our contract or will she have her own contract but just be on our account? I just made changes to my plan today (to get the cheaper data pricing) so my contract end date isn't for another 2 years. I know we have to call the Assumption of Liability number and release/accept the line, but what all is entailed in the process? We are just looking for the best way to do this to save the most money and have her be able to upgrade her phone. Sorry if I have a bunch of questions, I'm just clueless when it comes to this stuff!

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Assumption of Liability - Accepting a Verizon Line to My Account

Asistencia al cliente
Hello jbopp30!

I'd love to answer your questions regarding the Assumption of Liability. To begin, I recommend transferring the line before upgrading. The upgrade date for the line will not change, but if you upgrade first, the warranty is voided in the transfer to a new account. Also, if you upgrade via Edge, you will no longer have the option of completing an Assumption of Liability. She does not have to upgrade when joining, after switching the upgrade is at your discretion. Her line will be on your account and under her name, but each line on your account has it's own contract. Please let us know if you have any more questions. When you are ready to process the AOL, please call 888-832-4540.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Novice

When I assumed liability for my husband's line everything essentially stayed the same for his. He was added to my More Everything so I increased our data allotment but that's about it. His contract/upgrade date stayed the same as before I assumed the line. He upgraded once his contract was up. Note: There will be one last bill under the previous account owner after you assume liability. Any balance does not get transferred to your account.

Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente
Hello jbopp30!

I'd love to answer your questions regarding the Assumption of Liability. To begin, I recommend transferring the line before upgrading. The upgrade date for the line will not change, but if you upgrade first, the warranty is voided in the transfer to a new account. Also, if you upgrade via Edge, you will no longer have the option of completing an Assumption of Liability. She does not have to upgrade when joining, after switching the upgrade is at your discretion. Her line will be on your account and under her name, but each line on your account has it's own contract. Please let us know if you have any more questions. When you are ready to process the AOL, please call 888-832-4540.

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Miembro

That was helpful! Thanks! To clarify, if she is eligible for an upgrade now, once she switches over she will still be eligible for an upgrade? I'm pretty sure she does not want to upgrade via Edge. Once we add her to our account, we can then go ahead and change our data plan to have it make sense for all of us, and then have her upgrade her phone? How does her phone upgrade work? Will she have to pay full retail price for the phone or just extend her individual contract for 2 more years under our account and get whatever discounts you guys have going on for phones?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente
Hello again, jbopp30! Thanks for seeking clarification on her upgrade options. Yes, the Assumption of Liability does not change her line's upgrade eligibility. That's why it's best to wait until after the Assumption of Liability is completed. And yes, having her line join an existing shared plan would be best overall.

If she'd rather not upgrade with Verizon EDGE, she still has the classic 2 year discount upgrade (with a contract for 24 months' service in exchange for discount pricing on the new device of her choice). 

DionM_VZW
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks again! So helpful!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente
jbopp30,

You're very welcome! I'm glad we were able to help. We are always here if you ever need assistance in the future.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes