Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How do I transfer upgrade eligibility?

nickkravitz
Miembro

from Upgrade Device FAQ:

¿Puedo transferir la elegibilidad para la actualización de una línea a otra?

Si tienes varios dispositivos en tu cuenta y uno es elegible para una actualización, puedes transferir la elegibilidad para una actualización cuando actualizas tu dispositivo en Mi Verizon. Si transfieres la elegibilidad de una línea a otra, la línea original ya no será elegible para el descuento en actualización.

That's helpful, but it doesn't specify what happens to the line losing the transfer eligibility. Does it receive the transfer upgrade eligibility date of the other line, start again at 20 months, or something else? Here is my situation:

A has a phone with upgrade eligibility

B has a phone gaining upgrade eligibility in 4 weeks.

If A transfers upgrade eligibility to B, what happens to A? Does A get B's upgrade eligibility date?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: transfer upgrade eligibility FAQ ambiguous

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

The terminology, "transfer upgrade eligibility" is really inaccurate and is where much confusion lies.  Technically, you are NOT tranferring the eligibility, but transferring the phone obtained with the upgrade to another line.

If Line A is eligible, then Line A "gets" the upgrade, the contract extension, and now, the data plan if one is required.  The phone is simply activated on another line, say, Line B.  Line B's upgrade and contract is not affected.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

"A has a phone with upgrade eligibility

B has a phone gaining upgrade eligibility in 4 weeks.

If A transfers upgrade eligibility to B, what happens to A? Does A get B's upgrade eligibility date?"

The contract is renewed on Line A and upgrade date changes to reflect the new contract. The upgrade eligibility on line B remains the same and not affected.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

The terminology, "transfer upgrade eligibility" is really inaccurate and is where much confusion lies.  Technically, you are NOT tranferring the eligibility, but transferring the phone obtained with the upgrade to another line.

If Line A is eligible, then Line A "gets" the upgrade, the contract extension, and now, the data plan if one is required.  The phone is simply activated on another line, say, Line B.  Line B's upgrade and contract is not affected.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

View solution in original post