cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I stop roaming?

Miembro

I live in Oregon, my partner uses his phone to call his family in Florida sometimes and it charged him 51 dollars, plus 50 cents each time a call didn't go through. Are there times of the day we would be able to call to Florida without having any roaming charges because this is terrible!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How do I stop roaming?

well if your connecting to the canada towars you are roam,ing   what kind of phone do you have?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Nothing to do with time of day,  its because of the towers yoru connecting to.  what kind of phone is it and I can kind of walk you through turnoing of roaming

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

an iphone 5c

0 Likes
Highlighted

settings-cellular-roaming.  there is 3 switched in there  make sure all are turned off.  That should stop it from allowing him to use roaming.  If that doesnt work you could add the canada plan.  It does cost 15 dollars but you get 1000 minutes per month

0 Likes
Highlighted

I may be a little rusty on my geography, but isn't the state of Washington between Oregon and Canada? Hard to image that someone in Oregon would be international roaming.

If hannahshoemake1 is on an old plan roaming is a possibility. Switching to the MoreEverything or Nationwide plans are both nationwide coverage - no roaming charges (as long as you are on US towers).

0 Likes
Highlighted

no im just horrible at geogrophy, and spelling.   but you have to be on a really really old plan to have roaming so I guess I assumed she was on a newer plan   but your are correct that could be the issue too

0 Likes