cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How do I stop Verizon from sending me texts?

JAKB
Miembro

Ok, every month I keep getting text messages from Verizon that my bill is ready, and that my payment is made, and special unwanted offers and services.

I go in to my profile online, under 'managed your communications and alerts' and de-select text message for bill, payment, and special offers etc and save.  However, I keep getting the [removed] messages, then I go back in to my account and find that Verizon has re-selected text messaging for all fo those things I already turned off.

Why do you keep changing my settings?  I don't want your spam and messages that my bill is available and was paid etc.  This is going on for months now, I keep de-selecting text message alerts but you keep turning them back on.

Very frustrated and annoyed!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)

Re: How do I stop Verizon from sending me texts?

JAKB
Miembro

So I turned them off yesterday, and checked my account and the [removed] text message alerts and spam are re-selected for my phone in my account preferences.  Verizon [removed] .

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We never want one of our valued customers to be annoyed and are here to help, JAKB! It sounds like you have been making sure the settings are updated correctly but for some reason there may be a glitch. We would like to take a closer look over the settings to ensure everything is straightened out. Please reach out to us directly in one of the following ways: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/ We will be standing by and happy to help.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

STEVE126
Miembro

I am experiencing a very similar problem. I keep receiving text alerts for my payments even though I selected for these alerts to go to email. When I check my preferences, it shows email, yet the text messages persist. Please make them stop.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

STEVE126,

Being able to manage account notifications is a great way to keep in the know of your account activity. Are you signed in as the account owner when online? If so, check out #3 in this link to reach the email/text alert page: http://vz.to/1XqDO1f . Make sure to save any changes, and you would be all set going forward.

RussellM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

JAKB
Miembro

Changing the settings has no effect online. I would deselect text messages for everything and just have email and I still receive messages regardless of what I do.

STEVE126
Miembro

I checked the alerts page but my alerts are already set to email only. None of the "text message" boxes are checked yet I still receive billing texts.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I really appreciate all your efforts to get those unwanted messages to stop, JAKB. I have sent you a Private Message here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox para continuar.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to check the settings online. I will be sending you a private message to further assist with the notifications.

StevenM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

G1XBHBYO9T02
Miembro

I've repeatedly turned off the billing, payment and all marketing alerts via test message and they always show up enabled again after a day or so.  I chatted online with a service rep and the short version is they said they've turned off marketing alerts but the billing and payment alerts can only be turned on for e-mail but not text.  I asked them to raise this up the ladder to the web dev people, as either (1) there's a bug or (2) the behavior is intentional, so the webpage shouldn't indicate you can turn them off.

0 Me gusta