cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

How do I remove someone from my account?

Miembro

How do I go about removing my son from our account?  He's 25, has a job, and it's past time for him to assume his own bill!!

Labels (1)
Pestañas (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Removing someone from accoubt

Líder Sénior

You can have your son do an Assumption of Liability for his line - he may need a deposit, depending on his credit.  If his phone is on a device payment plan, that will need to be paid off before he can start a new account.  This option allows him to keep his number.  He can also port the number to another provider if he chooses, but any ETF or device payments would need to be paid.

The other option is to call Verizon and cancel his line - you as the account owner would be liable for any ETF or device payments, and his number would be gone, so probably not the preferred option.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You can have your son do an Assumption of Liability for his line - he may need a deposit, depending on his credit.  If his phone is on a device payment plan, that will need to be paid off before he can start a new account.  This option allows him to keep his number.  He can also port the number to another provider if he chooses, but any ETF or device payments would need to be paid.

The other option is to call Verizon and cancel his line - you as the account owner would be liable for any ETF or device payments, and his number would be gone, so probably not the preferred option.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Novice

FYI, if you do an assumption of liability and that line is on device payment, they don't have to pay it off first. They will assume liability for the remainder of the device payments as well as the line itself.