cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

How do I file a complaint?

lculpepper
Miembro

I have had an account with Verizon for over 4 years and have been very happy until recently.  I moved from Dallas, TX to Inglewood, CA. where I have encountered a Verizon store with unethical business practices.  When I upgraded 2 of my 3 phones last August, I received a small pad that was free because of a promotion.  I got it because I upgraded the 2nd phone. Six months later, about a week ago, I went into the same store to upgrade my 3rd line.  I couldn't because another account in my name had gone to collections. After doing some research, here is what I found out.  A second account was opened for the pad that was given to me.  It had been charging a monthly fee of $10.00; however, the bill was never sent to me.  I could not see the account when I logged into my own account online but it was accumulating monthly charges.  I never received a caIl about it for non-payment either.  It was just billing in limbo somewhere. Then, it was closed and sent to collections.  After talking to the Assistant Manager and the General Manager, nothing has been done.  I've been getting the "run-around" and no one is doing nothing. Had I received the first bill, I would have gone back to that store and solved the problem which was, the rep never told me that I would be charged a monthly fee for the pad. I would have returned it and been done with it.  I never signed anything saying I would.  So, not only did I not have the opportunity to resolve the issue when the account was billing, now it has gone to collections and effected my credit and I still cannot get my upgrade.  I need someone else that can do something to resolve this issue for me. 

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: How do I file a complaint?

Loquat

The billing issue alone sounds like a huge mess.  I can't believe that you never received anything in the mail...especially before it went to colletions.  When you finally located this account...did it have your correct information on it, such as your home address.   I don't quite understand how something like that happens for such a long time and go unnoticed. 

As for the free "pad"...you should definitely know that very few things in this world are free.  It makes no sense for VZW or any carrier to give you a free tablet of any sort without having some sort of financial gain (i.e. monthly service fee).  Best of luck to you and I hope this all gets worked out...

Highlighted

lculpepper
Miembro

To answer your question, yes, my information was correct; however, the rep set the account up as a level 2 account which they can see, but I cannot!  What is very interesting is that I upgraded 2 phones the same day I got the pad/tablet but only the pad/tablet was placed in a new account.  I can see my phones on my bill.  At the time, I also had a home number that I could clearly see on my bill.  So, why just place the pad/tablet in a new account that I have no way of seeing?  I can see this type of account being used for celebrities perhaps so no one can find out their phone number, but to set up the account like that for me only leads me to the conclusion that the rep didn't want me to find out it was billing until it was too late. 

In regards to getting something free, I was told I qualified for it if I get the second upgrade and got a data package for my 3rd phone, which I did.  So, signing another 2 years contract seemed like payment enough to me, especially since I had no intention of getting both upgrades and an additional data package when I walked into the store.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Our issues with Verizon billing have been a nightmare. When I have complained about the amount of time and energy it has required as the consumer to try stay on top of the situation they agree it is a complicated mess. (their words)

The only way things could have been solved for us is to pay what they were charging us monthly which was 3 separate accounts each with a line charge and  10 G of data charge. We had signed up for a family plan with 3 lines to share 10 G of data.

We are now 5 months into it and our problems are still not solved. I finally called the Verizon Corporate number and complained. (212)395-1000

It is very frustrating, I haven't ever been this frustrated with the customer service of a company as I have been with this situation.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I regret the frustration this has caused you and we do value your loyalty, lculpepper! You always deserve clear and accurate information. To discuss the account in full detail, I would suggest communicating with our Recovery Team at 800-852-1922. 

Gracias,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

cathyroberson3, I never want you to feel this frustrated. I apologize for the issues you have been faced with. Were you able to get all of your concerns addressed when you called in? I want to make sure we get a chance to turn things around ASAP. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport f

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

aheslin1975
Miembro

Verizon reps always say that they want to help and value your loyalty but when it really comes down to it they never do help...  They just say that they are sorry but they are "unable to fix the problem" and to "come back in another couple months and try again..."  The last rep I talked to said she would fix the issue with my upgrade and had "lots of options for me", several of which seemed very unethical and several of which she actually said not to tell other reps that she advised me of them.  After agreeing to the least terrible option that she suggested, she put me on hold for 25 mins and then came back and said I was only eligible for an early upgrade in 2 months at which time I could "pay 1/2 price" to upgrade.  Not really an upgrade in my eyes....  So again, no true resolution.  The gentleman in the store where this all started had told me when I upgraded using my husbands upgrade that I could come back in a month and my husband could use my upgrade.  When I came back they said my husband would not be able to upgrade because my line and his line had no upgrade because the contract itself was upgraded and none was due for another 8 months???  Nice.  Great customer service, tell the customer one thing and then change your mind when they come back to do it.  I have seem tons of complaints about this same thing on this forum so I am now realizing that this is the business model.  Will certainly be looking for a new carrier in November when the contracts are up.

Highlighted

slofiores
Miembro

File with the FCC.  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

0 Me gusta