cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can you sell an "Unlimited" plan and then drop to 3G speed at 10GB/month?

Miembro

I had a 40 GB/month plan.  Verizon offered a new Unlimited plan which they said would give me up to 22 GB on my three lines - 2 handsets and my Verizon 4G LTE router.  I talked with a Verizon rep and switched to the "Unlimited" plan.

There was NEVER any mention that the router would be limited to 10 GB/month.  I found this out when I suddenly got messages in the last 48 hours that my router was over 9GB - and just ran out - and now I at 3G speeds.

Now Verizon is saying they can't change me back to my old plan until May 22 - three weeks of 3GB bandwidth limit on my primary business network!

Waiting for a supervisor...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: How can you sell an "Unlimited" plan and then drop to 3G speed at 10GB/month?

Líder Sénior

Unfortunately, the terms of 10 GB data use for hotspots before being slowed to 3G speeds has been in effect since the new unlimited plan was first reintroduced.

Get unlimited data on the network you deserve: Verizon | About Verizon

If Verizon CS said you couldn't switch back until May 22, you might try calling again. Another CS agent may result in a different outcome.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How can you sell an "Unlimited" plan and then drop to 3G speed at 10GB/month?

Líder Sénior

Unfortunately, the terms of 10 GB data use for hotspots before being slowed to 3G speeds has been in effect since the new unlimited plan was first reintroduced.

Get unlimited data on the network you deserve: Verizon | About Verizon

If Verizon CS said you couldn't switch back until May 22, you might try calling again. Another CS agent may result in a different outcome.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

But why wait months to put it into effect. I switched in Feb. had no issues until a week ago. Instead of wait until you can't cancel the plan and say btw after 10GB your speeds will be reduced to 3g.

I was past 10GB before I even got the messages. Now we only can have 1 device Connected at a time or none will stream continuously    

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

ERNITO98 wrote:

But why wait months to put it into effect.

The same reason why Verizon allowed either twice the amount of data or 50% more than your allowance(I can't remember which it was) when people first signed up for Home Fusion. It's a grace period to get you used to the service. That people chose to ignore the details of the plan is not Verizon's fault. They were listed in the original press release along with the faq for the plan from the very start. Many choose not to bother with details, though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Or - We foolishly listened to what the Verizon representatives said and trusted them to know the details of the plan they were selling.

This is a failure of customer service.  First - the rep selling the plan clearly didn't know the real details, or at least failed to disclose them.  There is no way I would switch from a 40GB plan to a plan that dropped to 3G speeds at 10GB, if that had been disclosed.  Second - they are unable to correct the problem in a timely manner.

BTW - I have now had two Verizon representatives assure me that my phone would not be subject to the 10GB limit, even when I clearly asked "even when being used as a Mobile Hotspot?".  However, on another call today, I asked again and this time was told - YES, my phone WOULD be subject to the 10GB limit when used as a hotspot or tethered.

So - the bottom line is that you cannot trust in what you are being told.

Also - after agreeing to have a scheduled call from a customer service supervisor, and even receiving a confirming text that I would be called at 1pm today, guess what?  No call.  I waited until 2:30pm and called support.  Yet another failure of customer service.

So - I am now scheduled to return to my old plan on May 22nd.  I dug out an old Jetpack and paid an additional $50 to get that back on my account, so at least I have another 10GB of useful service before that chokes.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

kccrosser -

I absolutely understand your frustration and share your disappointment. I'm sorry that we have dropped the ball and definitely want to get you back on track. I sent you a message to your community inbox. Please respond there so we can provide more personalized support.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Dropped the ball is an understatement Amber

Highlighted

Miembro

The only way to fix this is to get a refund by filing a complaint with the FCC. Verizon Executive Relations will email you in coming days after doing so. You were lied to, swindled, bait-and-switched, just like the rest of us. Please do file a complaint.