cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How can I remove a device off my account?

dhn1993
Miembro

Hello everyone, I've been concerned for quite a while now and I haven't been able to find any answers on my own. To explain in a few words, I started my Verizon contract last November or December with a Jetpack hotspot & 12GB Data. Then at the beginning of this year, I decided to invest in a new LG V10 and was given a tablet as well, so that added 2 more lines to my plan. Since then, I have had no more use in the hotspot and I've tried to ask and look at ways to get rid of it without having to deal with an ETF. Right now, I have reduced my data plan to the 2gb Small, and have taken off just about every feature on my phones just to get my bill down, as I believe it has been quite high of a price, and still is in my opinion. Is it possible do anything in this situation? Thank you for any help.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Questions about my account devices

Empleado de Verizon

Hi dhn1993. I know it's important to get the best value for all your lines and I certainly want to help with maintaining all those devices with Verizon Wireless service. Since you've already changed to the lowest available 2 GB plan https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/ there isn't really a plan change that would benefit you to lower the amount since that's already a $45 difference from the original 12GB plan you mentioned. As an alternative to cancelling the Jetpack line, it can always be repurposed to a device that you can use. Connected devices such as smartwatches or hum can be found at https://www.verizonwireless.com/connected-devices/ and purchased at retail with no new contract then activated to the Jetpack line. Also, make sure to log into www.vzw.com/discounts to see if your employer may be offering a discount to employees that can help lower the bill too. If you do have any additional account-specific questions feel free to reach out through Twitter, Facebook, or Live Chat through www.vzw.com/contactus .

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

If you have a 2 year contract, there is no real way to get rid of the line without paying the ETF. You could have put the phone or the tablet on the jetpack line and continued using the line that way. However, you would not have gotten a reduced price on the tablet or phone in that situation.

You received the jetpack for a reduced price, and the way Verizon makes up for that is committing you to 2 years of service to pay back the true cost of the jetpack. The ETF is to make sure you pay off the jetpack if you quit the contract early.

To get out of the jetpack contract is going to cost you about $145 right now, if you finish your 12 month of the 24 month contract. Since it costs $10 per month for the line and you have 12 months left, it is cheaper to just keep paying the $10 per month ($120).

Here is the contract terms:

Para otros plazos de contrato formalizados después del 14 de noviembre de 2014, su cargo por cancelación prematura será de $175, que disminuirá a $5 al mes hasta finalizar los meses 7-17, $10 al mes hasta finalizar los meses 18-22, $30 hasta finalizar el mes 23 y será de $0 al término del plazo del contrato.

0 Me gusta

Empleado de Verizon

Hi dhn1993. I know it's important to get the best value for all your lines and I certainly want to help with maintaining all those devices with Verizon Wireless service. Since you've already changed to the lowest available 2 GB plan https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/ there isn't really a plan change that would benefit you to lower the amount since that's already a $45 difference from the original 12GB plan you mentioned. As an alternative to cancelling the Jetpack line, it can always be repurposed to a device that you can use. Connected devices such as smartwatches or hum can be found at https://www.verizonwireless.com/connected-devices/ and purchased at retail with no new contract then activated to the Jetpack line. Also, make sure to log into www.vzw.com/discounts to see if your employer may be offering a discount to employees that can help lower the bill too. If you do have any additional account-specific questions feel free to reach out through Twitter, Facebook, or Live Chat through www.vzw.com/contactus .

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

blaferty
Miembro

so if I understand this there is no way to take a device off the account I have three gismo watches that is broken or not used I am paying for

0 Me gusta