cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

How can I find out total ETF for my account?

PBBarb
Miembro

I've been with Verizon for a long time now, but my husband and I are looking at consolidating a few things.  One of the things I'm having a hard time justifying with him is paying what I do for my phone.  He wants me to switch to his carrier.  Is there a way to find out the total ETF if I were to switch now?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: How can I find out total ETF for my account?

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

If you purchased a smartphone when you last signed a two-year contract, the ETF is $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you've completed.  If you purchased a basic phone, it's $175 minus $5.  Details are in the Customer Agreement link at the bottom of the page.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

If you purchased a smartphone when you last signed a two-year contract, the ETF is $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you've completed.  If you purchased a basic phone, it's $175 minus $5.  Details are in the Customer Agreement link at the bottom of the page.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

If you purchased a smartphone when signing your last contract, your ETF would have started at $350 and would have decreased by $10 for each month you complete of your contract.

The ETF would be half of that if you purchased a basic phone.

0 Me gusta

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

There's those dang ninjas again. 

PBBarb
Miembro

Thanks.  I just wasn't sure if there were other charges that would be thrown at me on top of that.  Now I just have to sit down and do the math and decide if it's worth waiting out my contract before switching or not.  I miss my company discount!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

It saddens us to see you want to switch providers PBBarb. Please know we certainly do not want to lose you. Allow us to provide some clarification regarding the early termination fee. I would like to thank Tikibar1 for providing great information regarding the early termination fee. If you currently have a smartphone the ETF is $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you've completed until you reach $120. If you purchased a basic phone, it's $175 minus $5 until you reach $75.

I understand you are wanting to switch due to the loss of your employee discount. Was the discount removed because you are no longer employed through them? Have you checked to see if you qualify for a discount through your new employer? To check click, http://vz.to/1cKdW7l Also, have you viewed our new calling plans. This may help save some money each month. To view our calling plans, click http://vz.to/W24dla

Gracias,
MichelleL_VZW
Asistencia de VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Me gusta

PBBarb
Miembro

Thank you Michelle. I don't really want to leave but it is hard to justify

to him why I spend $100 a month for just my phone. He's with T-Mobile and

is making a push for me to move to them, especially since right now they

are advertising that they will pay your ETF. I've loved having the better

service range, but I don't really travel that often so again, it's hard to

justify why I'm spending so much more ($40 a month is a big difference).

Yes, the discount was removed because I changed jobs and my current

employer doesn't have any kind of discount. Unfortunately I need the 2 GB

of data, so my bill with you will remain about $100 a month no matter what

I do.

I haven't made any decisions yet, but just trying to figure out the math

and we're still discussing it. Thank you again for the response.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

You have to also factor in the cost of your new device that must be purchased on T-Mobiles network.

Based on this you may incur a monthly charge of $20-$30 extra for the EIP (extended payments) you also pay $10 for your SIM card, and the taxes up front. You then can add yourself to your husbands plan and get Unlimited Talk, Text and Unlimited data with and additional  2.5 GB of tethering per month for $60 for his second line.

You get the ETF's refunded after you pay Verizon if applicable and its paid as a Visa or MasterCard gift card within 8-10 weeks. You must also trade in a workable smartphone.

http://www.T-Mobile.com

Good Luck

0 Me gusta

PBBarb
Miembro

Thanks. I've looked into how much they'd give me for my phone and factored

in getting the new one through them (since they will only pay ETF if you do

it that way) and I'd still be saving monthly and have a bit more data.

Still, like I said, I'm fighting it because I've been happy with Verizon

for the last 10 years or so and really don't want to have to change. But

when you've just gotten married, bought a house and about to build a garage

for said house, every penny can count. Any other feedback from anyone else

either for or against is welcome!

0 Me gusta