cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How can I escalate after being provided wrong or different information multiple times regarding my new bill?

AaronT08
Miembro

I've spent almost my entire day off trying to get answers as to why my new bill is not going to be what I was quoted on February 25th. Apologies for the length but here is my issue:  On Feb. 25th, I was about to pre order the galaxy s7 and s7 edge (for myself and fiancee) online as I was upgrade eligible. Normally, when I upgrade, i pay the flat, discounted price for the phone(s) at my nearest Verizon store and then keep my current bill as is, which until today, was $111 per month. However, this time I wanted to pre order online so that I could get the promotional Gear VR but I noticed I could only get this if I chose the monthly phone payments option and not the one time phone payment option. Before pre ordering, I spoke to a Verizon rep via chat to confirm this. He confirmed but he also told me that going the monthly phone payments route would actually lower my total bill to $107 per month once I traded in my old phones.  I was surprised and asked him to confirm again. Once he did, I pre ordered per the monthly payments and attempted to save the chat per the email chat option but this failed. Anyways, the day came when the new phones arrived and I traded in my old phones and much to my shigrin, my bill is not $107.  Not including the one time new upgrade fee, it is $147 per month going forward.  I have spoken to multiple reps both via chat, phone, and at the Verizon store to no avail.

First, I wanted the reps to be able to see that I was in fact quoted $107.  It took them awhile because for some reason, only this chat (none of my others) was never linked to my account but instead was found in the general database of chats.  The first person I chatted with said there was nothing she could do.  The second person was seemingly more helpful.  He told me that I needed to have my agreement re done so that the phone trade in discount would be applied to the retail price of the new phones and not to my bill after the fact.  He told me to call my Verizon store and have them speak to the Verizon CORE team.  I called the Verizon store who said I needed to call CORE directly.  I called CORE directly and they told me it was impossible to apply the phone trade in credit to the retail phone amounts.  They then told me they could put my plan back on the 2 year contract and not the monthly phone payments plant but that this would cost me $149 per month.  So it would cost more!!!  They then put me on hold to see what else could be done and I got disconnected.

Point is, there must be something that can be done to honor what multiple reps told me.  Agents cannot just give wrong or misinformation which leads to customers making decisions that cost them more money.  There must be a contact or line I can reach out to reach higher reps that can make this happen.  Any advise would be appreciated and I apologize again for the length.

-Aaron

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: How can I escalate after being provided wrong or different information multiple times regarding my new bill?

Weth
Líder Sénior

What plan do you have? How much data do you have?

The old way of getting a subsidized phone for reduced price is essentially gone, especially if you want a promotion. It is correct that you are buying a new phone at retail with cost spread out over 24 months. In return of not having a subsidized phone, your line access fee should have been reduced, but we need to know your plan to estimate if you are getting what you are supposed to get or there is a problem.

0 Me gusta

Re: How can I escalate after being provided wrong or different information multiple times regarding my new bill?

AaronT08
Miembro

Hola Weth,

I have the More Everything Unlimited Talk and Text 6gb Plan.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

6 GB $70

2 lines @ $15/line each

So base cost before new phones = $100, So with taxes about $107 - I believe the rep was only quoting "service" and not the phones. We see this very commonly now. It is devious and not right, but that is what I see being done a lot.

Now you need to add the cost of the phones per month - $28 and $33 each approx by the Verizon web page

So total cost per month for 24 months is $168.

Your initial belief that $107 was too good to be true with 2 new phones was a true intuition.

You can complain and maybe get a one time credit or some free data, but you most certainly won't get $107 with the new phones.

0 Me gusta

AaronT08
Miembro

Too good to be true was my thoughts at first as well. Which was why I asked him repeatedly to confirm that my total bill would be $107.  And I was told today that these calculations were met by adding the credit I received from trading in my old phones to the retail price of the new phones (which again CORE then later said is impossible to do despite the agent telling me that CORE was the team who would do this for me), then calculating the monthly amount.  So $70 for 6gbs, $30 for the lines. 20% off this with work discount brings us to roughly $80.   Then for the phones $792 + $692 - $400 credit divided by 24 = about $45.  So that brings us to $125 before taxes and fees (this is what I was paying a few months ago before Verizon gave me another discount which brought it down to $111).   So while this doesnt get me to the $107 quote, it gets me close enough.

Regardless, your point about being devious is spot on. And it appears this one will cost me over $600 over 2 years.

0 Me gusta