cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

How Do I Stop My Daughter From Texting Unapproved People?

DANR19
Miembro

I see that you can BLOCK specific numbers. But, I want her regular (non-smart) phone to only be able to text two or three numbers and NOT be able to text any other numbers. Can I do this with Family Safeguards?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: I want my daughter to only text her mother and me - and no one else.

Empleado de Verizon

DANR19,

It's always good to know the options available on something like this. There aren't any apps or programs that come to mind that could be installed on a non-smartphone (or even on a smartphone), simply because if you install it on the phone, then the user could remove it through a factory reset or other removal process (not saying that your daughter would, just that it's possible to do so). You can block who comes in, but not what goes out (all of our services are found here: Compare Blocking Services | Verizon Wireless  ).

That's where my suggestion of a device made specifically for what you want to do would come up. Take a look at the Support page on it to learn more about what the device is capable of, including a simulator like you had the Gizmo with you right now: GizmoGadget by LG Support | Verizon Wireless

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Empleado de Verizon

DANR19,

The safety of your family is important to us, so let's check this out. Blocking incoming calls and texts is part of what you have access to already, and if using FamilyBase you can view who she is calling or texting (but not the content) in the Activities section of that program. As for limiting who she can contact though, depending on the age, I would suggest looking into the Gizmo Gadget, by LG. This allows only specific contacts to be reached from her, and you can use a smartphone app to manage it.

RussellM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

DANR19
Miembro

Thanks, Russell.

Is a new "device" really my only available option for this type of control?

Are there other features from Verizon (a trusted list?) that could help me make this happen?

Regards

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

DANR19 wrote:

Thanks, Russell.

Is a new "device" really my only available option for this type of control?

Are there other features from Verizon (a trusted list?) that could help me make this happen?

Regards

You could try signing up for FamilyBase and see if there is an option to only contact people in the phone's contact list. Then you could put ONLY those couple of numbers in the contact list and hope your daughter does not learn how to add new contacts.

0 Me gusta

Empleado de Verizon

DANR19,

It's always good to know the options available on something like this. There aren't any apps or programs that come to mind that could be installed on a non-smartphone (or even on a smartphone), simply because if you install it on the phone, then the user could remove it through a factory reset or other removal process (not saying that your daughter would, just that it's possible to do so). You can block who comes in, but not what goes out (all of our services are found here: Compare Blocking Services | Verizon Wireless  ).

That's where my suggestion of a device made specifically for what you want to do would come up. Take a look at the Support page on it to learn more about what the device is capable of, including a simulator like you had the Gizmo with you right now: GizmoGadget by LG Support | Verizon Wireless

RussellM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

DANR19
Miembro

I cannot seem to find the Correct Answer button (I have tried three browsers!), but I did mark as helpful.  I will check out the Gizmo, and per rcshnoor, I will also perhaps sign up and play around.

0 Me gusta