Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Home Fusion data usage when our modem is off. Is data usage correct?

adammparmenter
Miembro

When we first signed up for Home Fusion we were fine with 20 gb.  That included watching at least an hour of television each week online.  On occasion more.  My son came home for the summer, we upped it to 30.  He left, but our data usage didn't go down.

I looked at data usage and saw that data usage was reported over night on the hour at an odd time.  The first night a half a gig (for example) would be reported at 1:01am, then 250 mg at 2:01 and so on.  The following night data usage was reported at 2 min. after the hour.  Large amounts of data, sometimes nearly a gigabite even on nights I shut off my modem before going to bed.

We now have Familybase and our Home Fusion is locked off between midnight and 5 am on weeknights.  Somehow data is still reported.

5/11/201512:22 a.m.2810.8
5/10/201512:23 a.m.1760.5
5/7/201512:26 a.m.302375.9
5/6/201512:27 a.m.21201.9
5/5/201512:28 a.m.98814.5

The difference is that it is no longer using data overnight, but the on weeknights we aren't up and online much past 11.

Can you check data usage on my account and offer an explanation?

Regards.

Adam

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Home Fusion data usage when our modem is off. Is data usage correct?

vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente
adammparmenter,

I certainly can understand your concern to see large amounts of data used at times you aren't using your home fusion! I would be too. We can certainly help with this.

That this data reports around the same time each night tells us a lot actually. The times you see for the usage online aren't necessarily the times it was used, it is the time it reports to our system. The usage only reports periodically but the longest a data session can be is 6 hours. Because of that in many cases customers who don't drop the connection often will see around the same time every 6 hours each day. If you look at the time before this, the data usage shown there is what was used between the last time and this time. So for example if on 5/11 the time you see before this is 6:22 PM, then the usage there is what was used between 6:22 PM and 12:22 AM.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente
adammparmenter,

I certainly can understand your concern to see large amounts of data used at times you aren't using your home fusion! I would be too. We can certainly help with this.

That this data reports around the same time each night tells us a lot actually. The times you see for the usage online aren't necessarily the times it was used, it is the time it reports to our system. The usage only reports periodically but the longest a data session can be is 6 hours. Because of that in many cases customers who don't drop the connection often will see around the same time every 6 hours each day. If you look at the time before this, the data usage shown there is what was used between the last time and this time. So for example if on 5/11 the time you see before this is 6:22 PM, then the usage there is what was used between 6:22 PM and 12:22 AM.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Weth
Líder Sénior

That is just the time the tower reports usage, not the time you actually use it.  That usage is all in preceding hours.