cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Help Upgrading to a New Phone on Prepaid

Miembro

I have been a Verizon prepaid customer since 2014. I want to upgrade to a new prepaid phone. I've tried this online but an error came up stating that I could not port my current Verizon prepaid phone number. Yesterday, I was in chat on the Verizon website and the Verizon rep told me to enter my phone number as the account number.  I really don't want a new phone number because it is a hassle. I would like to order this phone before my new month starts on July 1st. I just called 800-775-8098 but it is automated and their menu does not address my question or issue. Has anyone successfully ported their prepaid Verizon phone number to a new Verizon prepaid phone? If you have, please list what you did. Gracias.

Labels (1)
Pestañas (3)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Help Upgrading to a New Phone on Prepaid

Miembro

OK. So I went online and started the process like you. Apparently, Verizon will not let you purchase a prepaid phone without purchasing a plan as well. This definitely discourages Prepaid Phone upgrades. They just want new activations apparently. You could call and try to sweet talk a rep into selling just the prepaid handset, but doesn't look possible online. If you can find the same Verizon Prepaid Phone elsewhere, go ahead and get it. Take the phone home, then log onto your My Account website and select Change Device. It will ask if you want to keep the Galaxy S4 SIM card and reuse it or if you have a new one with the phone. Takes 2 minutes if that. It will walk you through cranking up your new phone. You will keep your phone number and account all the same.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

are you trying to change from prepay account to post pay account if yes then either call 800-755-8098 or go to store. on prepay you don't get upgrade you buy phone .you need to sign in your myverizon account and process order.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I signed on to My Verizon and added the phone to the cart. I am trying to purchase a new prepaid phone. When I type upgrade, it is an upgrade to the current phone I am using on prepaid because it is a newer, better phone. Yes, I'm paying for it because that's the only option in prepaid.  I filled out the Bill/Ship To and tried to port my current prepaid number, which is the section below the Bill/Ship To. It gave me an error stating  my number could not be ported. The other option is to select new number, which I don't want to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted

you cant port number cause its already a Verizon number.

try without port selection or you can call and it can be shipped to you with same number.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I could select the new number option but then unless I can undue that after receiving the phone, I'm stuck changing my number everywhere. You know, no offense here but I was with Virgin Mobile for years before coming to Verizon prepaid back in 2014. I changed phones several times with Virgin Mobile and kept the same phone number. It was easy. Their service was not good but that particular process was simple and care free. But, this is stressing me out with Verizon. I don't feel comfort with just trying something and seeing if it sticks. I want to know what I need to do in order to accomplish what I want. Anyway, I'm going to stop by the store this weekend. Maybe they can help me. The phone is finally off of backorder and they may have stock. I can only hope they will let me purchase and program my current prepaid number to that phone. It's worth a try. If not, then I don't know what I'll do at this point. Probably make a list of every place I need to change my number and take the pain when I'm ready. ¡Gracias!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

MountainRunner, getting a new phone should be exciting and not  leave you questioning if you will keep that same number. With the Pre Paid options, you this will not be considered an upgrade. simply make the purchase and we can then activate the phone on your current number. Should you have any questions or concerns with that order, please know that we are here to help. Simply reach out to 888-294- 6804.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

naansalad,

I appreciate all the help you have provided to mountainRunner. This is great information your have provided. MountainRunner, we truly want you to be able to get that new prepaid phone with out hassle or any stress. MountainRunner, have you been able to get that new phone and keep your current number by visiting the Verizon Wireless store? If not, please reach out to our Prepay team at 888-294-6804 for further assistance with getting that phone ordered.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

The Verizon wireless store was not friendly at all. They wanted to charge me way more for the phone than I could purchase it for online @ verizonwireless.com. They were not able to answer any of my questions. I think because I was prepaid they didn't have an interest in assisting me.

It is easier to leave a message here than call a number. So, I'll try this since I've yet to purchase the phone. If I buy the phone via prepaid, can I later have it added to my current prepaid account?  Or,  because I must choose a new phone number when purchasing the phone online via the prepaid section, will that phone be for that new number only forcing me to cancel my current prepaid account associated with my Samsung Galaxy S4?

If it is helpful, I plan on purchasing the iPhone SE though I doubt it matters which phone I'm buying.  I want to not leave any stone unturned because I really want to avoid issues. I want this to be as smooth of a process as possible.

Gracias.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

TThis is a peer to peer community. Reps only stop by occasionally and you cannot buy a phone here. The stores have different prices than online. If you want the online price you WILL need to call Verizon prepay. There's not a way around it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Not sure why you must choose a new phone number when purchasing online. I was able to just purchase, then go to your My Account page and Change device. It will ask if you want to keep your old SIM or if you have one with the phone.

0 Likes