cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Having trouble purchasing a ringtone from Verizon Tones

Ron_in_NY
Miembro

I'm having trouble buying a ringtone from Verizon Tones.

It lets me get as far as PURCHASE RINGTONE, then I get a FATAL PURCHASE ERROR, and it returns me to the Verizon Tones main screen.

I've literally tried everything and even called customer support. Their answer was "We're having an issue and a supervisor will contact you within a few days.

Well, it's a good thing I didn't hold my breath, because I never heard anything about this or another trouble ticket I started with them which was that I can't access "My Verizon" from my cell phone. Smiley Sad

If anyone can help, I'd gladly take it.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Having trouble purchasing a ringtone from Verizon Tones

Ron_in_NY
Miembro

PROBLEM SOLVED! I don't think it was anything I did. I think the problem was fixed at Verizon's end. THANKS to all who helped or tried to help.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

My advice?  Don't buy ringtones, use Zedge (zedge.com), or your own mp3 files and get all the custom ringtones you want for free.

As far as not being able to access your Verizon account on your phone... what phone do you have?  Smartphone, basic?  Android?  iPhone?  What happens when you try to access your account?

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ron_in_NY,

I love being able to customize my ringtones and I want you to be able to do the same thing. It saddens me to hear that no one has followed up with you in regards to this issue.  You can count on us to help.  Have you tried using a different web-browser when purchasing the ringtones?  Have you tried using your My Verizon Mobile application?  As SuzyQ suggested, please advise what type of device do you have to better assist you.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Ron_in_NY
Miembro

Hola SuzyQ,

Thanks for your response.

I have an LG Env3. I want to say it's a semi-smartphone because that's about the best definition I can give it.

Thanks for the info on Zedge. I'll definitely give it a shot. I tried a couple of places before trying Verizon Tones but when I opted for a ringtone to be sent to my phone it arrived via email and for whatever reason, any attachments to any emails are automatically deleted from all my messages. That's why I gave Verizon a shot, I was kind of feeling like a captive audience because of the older model of my phone.

Thanks Again,

Ron_in_NY

0 Me gusta

Ron_in_NY
Miembro

Hola YareliM_VZW,

I have an LG Env3. The only browser I've tried is the one that comes up on my phone which is the Verizon Mobile Web. It's funny, I've been with Verizon in one form or another since before the name change to Verizon and I've never wanted or needed to customize my ringtones before, but I'm currently working someplace that's very loud and I can't hear my phone or even feel the vibration when a call comes in, so I'm just trying to get a louder ring like the one I'm trying to download which is an old style phone ringer.

If you can help with this issue or the one I also have a ticket in on, not being to access MY VERIZON from my phone that would be great. When I try I either get a 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR, or a message saying it can't access MY VERIZON now, to try again later or call 611 for assistance.

In any case, thanks for your response. I really do appreciate it.

Atentamente,

Ron_in_NY

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ron_in_NY, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Are you logged into your My Verizon account as the Account owner or Account Member for your mobile number? Please be advised that your mobile number must be registered online in order to purchase ringtones.

For more information regarding how to purchase ringtones for your device, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/tech-smarts/how-to-get-and-use-ringtones/?intcmp=INT-SE...

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Hi Ron in NY -

Used to be, sites like Zedge and Phone Zoo (now gone)  would send the ringtone via text message, and you could simply save it from the text message.  Now the assumption is that everyone has a smartphone, and can receive the ringtones via email.  That's not always the case, though.  Your Env3 (a great phone in its day - we had a couple of those!) is a "feature phone" - not a basic, but not quite a smartphone and I'm not surehow personalized custom ringtones can be delivered to the phone now.  You may try creating a cliop on Zedge, and emailing it to yourself, then sending that as a text to your own ph # @vzwtext.com  or have that set as the email on Zedge.

0 Me gusta

Ron_in_NY
Miembro

Hi SuzyQ, You are totally correct on all accounts. The problem with

emailing myself the file is that Verizon removes all attachments sent

to my email or as a text message so sending myself the file is no

good. However, I ordered the cable today that goes from my computer to

my phone so with any luck that`ll solve that issue. I`ll definitely

let you know. I still don`t understand why I can`t get tones from

Verizon Tones Deluxe that came installed on my phone. Someone

responded to me today saying I needed to be signed in which doesn`t

make sense then told me to subscribe to the ringtone/ringback program

for $2. a month but I just wanted 1 ringtone and I was willing to buy

it from Verizon for a 1 time charge of $2.99. Not a monthly

subscription. Thanks for your response. I will let you know how I make

out with the interface cable... Ron_in_NY.

0 Me gusta

Ron_in_NY
Miembro

Hola LasinaH_VZW,

I go into Verizon Tones directly from the application that came in my phone

so as far as being signed in, I would have thought it recognized me

automatically.

ALSO, when I go back into the application, it remembers the fact that the

last time I was there the purchase was unsuccessful and prompts me to

complete

the purchase however, the same fatal purchase error comes right up.

In the meantime, as I mentioned in previous posts, I have not been able to

access MY VERIZON from my phone since I got it. I go into MY VERIZON from

either

the option under my settings and tools menu or from inside the mobile web

application and I either get an internal server error or I get a "GENERIC

ERROR PAGE"

with a message saying that My Verizon is unavailable now and to try again

later or dial 611 for customer support after I enter my phone number which

I've

done, filled out a tech support ticket and was promised a call back from a

supervisor which never came.

I really don't get why I'm having so many issues.

Ron_in_NY

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ron_in_NY

I see you have gone through a great deal of trouble trying to purchase a ringtone for your wireless device.  I would like to further investigate this for you.  So that I may, I am sending you a Direct Message.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Me gusta