Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Has anyone else had problems getting Verizon service in an area that is advertised as 4G and for which I am being charged??
Streganonna
Miembro

I've been living in Chapel Hill, NC, the so-called Research Triangle area, since December.  The cell service where I live is non-existent but the best Verizon can do is to suggest I buy a network extender at the hefty price of $175+ tax (actually, it's $250, but they are making me a "deal.")  The complex where I live has 242 apartments plus surrounding private homes, restaurants and stores, and as I said, this is supposedly Technology country.  I can't find out if more towers are planned or what they intend to do about service in the area they are advertising as 4G.... and charging me as well.  Why should I have to get in my car and drive closer to town to get what I'm paying for?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone else had problems getting Verizon service in an area that is advertised as 4G and for which I am being charged??
Streganonna
Miembro

Actually that should be "they are being charged."  Lo sentimos.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone else had problems getting Verizon service in an area that is advertised as 4G and for which I am being charged??
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

Thank you for reaching out, Streganonna! We strive to provide the best service available and do apologize we are not providing the service we come to expect as a Verizon Customer. What service issues are being affected, voice, data, text, ect...? What exactly happens? What zip code are you in? Is anyone else in this area having the same problem? Although, service can be challenging in some areas because structure, foliage, location all play a factor. We want to make sure this is looked at closely.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

You're actually just paying for service. 4G is not a gurantee. I've read some posts that say the extender works best in certain areas of the home and pointing in a certain direction. Someone may chime in with that information or you can browse the forums or Google.

0 Likes
Streganonna
Miembro

I'm in 27517 zip code.  Everyone in this 242 apartment complex is having issues with no phone service.  I don't know residents in any private homes, but there is a small shopping center with a Food Lion, etc., there and there's no service in or around Food Lion.  As to what happens... there are NO bars indicating service on my phone.  At the local Verizon store in Chapel Hill, they said... "oh, yeah.  There's never been any service there."  Is it legal to advertise a location as having service when there is none?  There are no high structures here and in areas where there is foliage, there is service.  How does a person or a community petition for a tower to serve an area that is advertised to be in a service area?

0 Likes
Streganonna
Miembro

I don't care if it's 4G or not.  One G would work.  I'm just saying they're advertising this is in a 4G area when in actuality, there is "No G." 

0 Likes
Streganonna
Miembro

As to "What service issues are being affected, voice, data, text, ect...?

All of the above. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Are you North or South of Mt. Carmel Church Road?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

Thank you for the additional information, Streganonna. I was able to review the zip code and do see some area of opportunities here. Have you ever had service in this area? How far do you need to travel before you get service? Wireless devices use radio transmissions; therefore many factors can play a part in how your device receives our signals. If you live in a marginal coverage area, I am confident you would be satisfied with our Network Extender. A network extender will enhance wireless coverage into your home. For more details regarding how it works and the requirements, click http://vz.to/1i37AzC .

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Streganonna
Miembro

To answer your questions, there is intermittent service perhaps a few times a day but they last only a couple of minutes.  I get at most 1 "dot" and 1 bar.   I can't get or answer texts or phone calls.  I can't access voice mail that gets left on my phone.  Neither I nor anybody who lives in this 200+ complex, nor in the surrounding houses, nor in the shopping center (including a large grocery store) less than a mile away, have ever had consistent, if any, service.  I have to travel about 2-3 miles to be able to use my phone.  I am sure a network extender would work, but I am not willing to shell out $250 to buy one.  I am also not willing to pay $175 to buy one which is what the Verizon store in town has offered.  AT&T clients also have problems here (EVERY cell service has problems here) but they also provide their customers in this area with a free network extender and they are building a tower this Fall to service them.  Nobody in Verizon that I have contacted has been able to find out if there is a similar tower planned for this area.  I have been a happy Verizon customer for years, but not anymore.  

0 Likes