cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Grandfathered unlimited data plan vs. new unlimited data plan

Miembro

Good Afternoon,

Last year people with grandfathered unlimited data plans was given a 100gb data cap. However, the new unlimited data plan has a 500gb data cap.  Are the caps for the grandfathered unlimited data plans going to go up to 500gb so that they have parity with the new unlimited data plans or are there now two different kinds of unlimited data?

Muchas gracias

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
Highlighted

Re: Grandfathered unlimited data plan vs. new unlimited data plan

Líder Sénior

Where have you read about this 500 GB cap?

Highlighted

Novice

If you have the old plan I heard that you go over 50-60 gb average a month then they force you off of the plan not anywhere near 500 gb

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The recent letters that went out to excessive use customers were using on average over 100 GB per month. Those usage levels are where Verizon will not off the customers with the old grandfathered unlimited data plan not at 50-60 GB per month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

No, it's 100gb although some articles claim the cap is 200gb.  Here's a link to a Washington Post article from last month that talks about it and they mention the cap is at 200gb:

These cellphone carriers are about to make life harder for grandfathered unlimited-data users - The ...

Also, here's an article from last summer when the changes to the grandfathered unlimited plans were first  was first announced and in this article they actually attached a copy of the letter Verizon was sending to people.  In this article the cap is 100gb:

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/07/26/fyi-verizon-unlimited-data-plan-no-longer-unlimited/

Highlighted

Expert

Last summer the abuse level was 200 GB average per billing cycle.  The January 2017 letters dropped it to 100 GB per billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Miembro

Does anyone know how the old grandfathered plans compared to the new plans?  I'm thinking of changing but after so many years of holding on to the old plan it makes me nervous!!

Highlighted

Expert

You can easily look at the cost differences. The hotspot wasn't included in the original unlimited data plan for smartphones.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yeah, I saw the feature list.  My question is: is there anything that the grandfathered unlimited does better?  Is there any reason that people know of NOT to change to the new plan?

Highlighted

Novice

ckelly33 wrote:

Yeah, I saw the feature list. My question is: is there anything that the grandfathered unlimited does better? Is there any reason that people know of NOT to change to the new plan?

The only discounts that will be allowed for the new plan is military service. Employer discounts will not apply. I am receiving 20% off my grandfathered plan but would lose that. Changing would only offer me an approximate $2 savings per month.