cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Gift Card balance zeroed out?

Miembro

Hello. I used part of a $200 gift certificate to pay my Verizon cell bill.  There was a balance remaining on the gift card.  However, Verizon's website says the balance on the card is $0.  Anyone have a similar experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Gift Card balance zeroed out?

Call VZW and ask them to explain what the charges are that have applied to the card balance...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Loquat:  Thank you for that suggestion.  I did that exact thing as a first step, a week ago.  They said to call the phone number on the gift certificate - they have no other ability to check on the balance.  When calling the number, there is no choice available other than checking on the balance, which is reported as $0.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Did it expire?  Check the date on the front of the card.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That seems soo strange.  Does the gift card number not have an option to speak to a representative or even a website where you can plug in the gift card number and see what has been applied against the balance?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

It did not expire. There is no "card".  It's an email that tells you the gift card number and a PIN.   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

There is no option to speak with a representative.  I called Verizon customer service and they could not help me, and directed me to the gift card help line, which was of no help.  Yes there is a location where I can plug in the gift card number and PIN, and it reports the balance as $0.  However, I only used a portion of the gift card to pay my cell bill.  This is yet another reason I have a pet peeve against gift cards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Verizon has again stated that they have no ability to check on gift card expenditures.  So, fair warning to anyone out there that trades in a phone for a "gift card".  You may not get  the value you're expecting.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I had the same problem.  I used my Verizon Device Recycling Program gift card to pay on my bill.  Thinking my bill was paid in full until I went and checked and now my payment is overdue and there is a late charge.  I have been trying to get to the bottom of this, ie 45 mins on phone yesterday to only be cut off, 3 hours trying to cal the device recycling program.  I've been transferred around so much with no help, I wonder that is just the way Verizon will be conducting business in the future.  It looks like at the end of this contract, if I don't switch when another company will pay my penalty, I'm stuck with crappy customer service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Spent another 35 mins on the phone trying to contact Verizon Device Recycling Program gift card office with a constant busy signal for the whole time.  Maybe I should try my local TV problem solver to see if they can get Verizon to figure out what is going on not just with my card, but what seems like many others.

0 Likes