cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: Formerly known number now showing as restricted

MinniSmy
Miembro

I am having the same issue.  It started when I upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S5 to an S7.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We can't have friends and family showing up as restricted numbers MinniSmy. This would cause me to miss so many calls. How long ago did you make the change and start noticing the issue? How many numbers is it happening with?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Templeinmn
Miembro

Calls from my office that use to show Caller Id on my Galaxy S5 are now showing up as "Restricted" on my Galaxy S7 (upgraded two weeks ago).  These calls are external calls to a 952 area code (work) and then forwarded by the phone server to my cell phone.  The same calls are also forwarded to my home phone which passes through Caller Id information. Is this a Minnesota issue?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

paulnus
Miembro

We have found that the "HD Voice" calling feature is causing this heartburn.

The ShoreTel phone system we have at our business did not have the necessary configuration in the trunk group settings to pass along the callerid in the ISDN networking. We were able to confirm this due to the fact we have integrated access trunks at other facilities and it works fine. Only our PRI trunks was this an issue.

We also noticed that iPhone5 users were not having this problem. This because the "HD Voice" feature is not available to these users and not configured.

A shout-out to "LazyJeff" website for offering the solution.

LazyJeff: Shoretel Caller ID is Unknown for Mobile Cell Phones

The short resolution was adding ";2E" to the custom dialing rules on our ISDN dialing plan.

Kudos for CenturyLink in testing their lines for us to which they found no fault. Kudos for Verizon Tier 2 support for getting back to us with the cause which lead to our "Google Fu" in finding the resolution.

Hopefully, this helps explain what worked for us. Hopefully this works for you.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Cet1020
Miembro

I'm having the same issue.   Two of my contacts who I speak with often have started showing up restricted.  Ayuda

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's troubling when you notice a change in how calls are coming through from two of your contacts showing restricted when they use to show up differently, Cet1020. I am here to help you and find a resolution. Do you know if your two contacts had updated their phone numbers recently? Were they calling from landline numbers? 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

kb7qdi
Miembro

I am having the same issue with co-workers calling from our Florida office - used to show their caller ID, but now report as Restricted.  Happens to both me (Pixel 2) on Verizon prepaid, and a co-worker (Samsung Galaxy S9) on Verizon postpaid.

Chatted with someone on Verizon chat, and he said that they couldn't create a ticket on it because there is technically nothing wrong with my account.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand your concern with this matter. Just to gain clarity, did you talk with our Tech Department regarding your issue? Can you please provide your mobile number? LisaL_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

kb7qdi
Miembro

I reached out via Verizon chat from the Verizon Wireless website after I logged in.  I specifically asked to know I could work with about the issue, knowing that that CSR wasn't going to be able to help much.

The person on the other end was polite, and I honestly think they were trying to help, but claimed to be constrained about creating any ticket because there wasn't an issue with my account - even though I told him that this was happening on two other co-worker's Verizon phones as well.

I don't wish to give my phone number to the forum, and I also have the chat saved to my email if needed.  If there is a way to send this privately, let me know.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Scott504
Miembro

My phone is doing the same thing,but with my wife's cellphone when she calls me its restricted. When I contacted support and got disconnected and they called back and supports number was also restricted. I believe every incoming call is showing up restricted. 🤔🤔 por favor ayuda

0 Me gusta