cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Formerly known number now showing as restricted

Erin13
Miembro

For some reason, my husband's work phone number (a land line) is suddenly showing up as restricted when he calls my Verizon cell phone. This started happening a couple months ago. It use to show up with the information I have stored in my contacts for that number. The number is still in my contacts, but it now shows up as restricted. The number still shows up the way it's supposed to when he calls anyone else. Why does this happen only on my phone? I have an LG G4. It did this on Lollipop, and now on Marshmallow.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Formerly known number now showing as restricted

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

I'm not sure why it happens - but it does happen with my husband's work phone also.  His work # is in my contacts, but when he calls me from his work landline, it comes up as a restricted number.  His work cell phone comes up fine as his photo and name show up.

What kind of phone system does your husband have at work?  It may be restrictions they've placed on outgoing calls from the "central" router or something.  But he doesn't have an extension, it's one of several numbers at his plant - 925-xxx-xx23, 925-xxx-xx24, etc....

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Erin13
Miembro

I'm not sure what his phone system is at work, or even his phone company, but when he calls other people from the same number it shows up with the correct caller ID. It's only Wenger new calls my Verizon phone that it says "restricted". It has to be an issue with Verizon.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Erin13
Miembro

That should be "when he" not "Wenger new". Stupid autocorrect.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Erin13 - We want to ensure you're getting your calls as you should. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry, Typically, Caller ID transmits the name based on what the originating caller provides to our company. If for some reason, that business is updated with a restricted/privacy setting in their landline providers line information database when making calls to us, then that could cause that Restricted message to appear on your Caller ID. You may also want to remove the contact and re-add it in your contact list. You can test it with both the 11-digit number saved or the 10-digit number (the latter is the standard setup for cellular devices).

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Erin13
Miembro

I've already tried deleting the contact and re-adding it, and I've tried entering the contact as both the 11 digit number and the 10 digit number. Nothing helps. It's not something the company's phone provider is transmitting, because the Caller ID comes through correctly on other people's phones. He can call his patents from the work phone number in question, and the Caller ID identifies the number he's calling from. He can even call his own cell phone from that work number and it shows up correctly. It's only my phone that refuses to show the Caller ID for that one number.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

NICFOS48
Miembro

I'm am having the same problem and am starting to feel frustrated.  My husband's phone can see the Caller ID, however mine doesn't.  I have checked with my companies IT department who confirms that if my husband can see the company number then it's something on Verizon's end. I hope this post can result in some answers.

Thanks & good Luck

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

The frustration ends here, NICFOS48. To confirm only when your husband calls from his phone does it show as as restricted with all other callers coming through just fine?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

TWIGLETT
Miembro

The same exact thing is happening at my company.  When someone calls from our office to a Verizon phone, the Caller ID shows as Restricted.  On EVERY OTHER CARRIER, it shows (correctly) our main office number.  I've spent the last 6 months having our phone service provider (Cox Business) resubmit this issue to Verizon and nothing has changed.  How do we get our Caller ID to show correctly on Verizon's system?  Someone, in the reply above, says "the frustration ends here."  Please alleviate my frustration.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

TWIGLETT
Miembro

Hello.  I'm having the same Caller ID issue.  Was Verizon ever able to resolve your issue?

0 Me gusta