cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Filed Complaints with FCC and Michigan Public Service Commission

sm11
Miembro

On 2019/03/30, I terminated two lines from my family plan.  After spending more than 5 minutes chatting with the agent to convince them I really did want to terminate as of 3/30, they assured me that the lines would be turned off.  I checked online, and found the lines still reflected on my account after the agent said the termination had been entered.  The agent said they would remain active through the end of the billing period  "for your convenience".  After additional lengthy discussion, the agent finally said they understood that the lines were no longer in use, and promised that I would receive a credit for the line fees for the month.

Today I found that there were still no credits applied.  I contacted Verizon on chat again.  The agent this time said that policy states no credit is allowed after the start of a billing period, but that charges for those two lines would not appear going forward.  I explained about my previous chat conversation, and the agent replied that as the other agent had not made manual credit adjustments, there would be none.

Given that a credit was promised by the first agent, and a Verizon representative is now refusing to provide that credit, I have filed complaints with the FCC and MSPC.  I am also now looking for a new mobile service provider.

0 Me gusta

Re: Filed Complaints with FCC and Michigan Public Service Commission

boringusername

No reason for a FCC complaint. This is not a FCC issue. That would be a FTC issue but even then it's really not. The Cusotmer Service Agreement that you signed states that you are charged through the end of the billing period regardless of when you disconnect

0 Me gusta

glitchedpixel

FCC wouldn't even look at it. When you disconnect a line, it drops the line end of cycle because some customers change their mind.

Unless it was a line tied to someone who was terminally ill or deceased, your line will not be on demand disconnected.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

sm11 we are saddened to learn you decided to cancel your two lines. As boringusername and glitchedpixel noted, disconnection requests can be entered at any time but they are processed at the end of the bill cycle in which you make the request. This helps ensure you are able to successfully port your number if you want to keep the number with your new carrier or in the event you change your mind the request can be removed and you can once again reactivate service without needing a brand new line or phone number. 

Similarly, we did provide the correct information via chat in regard to the charges for the two lines. Once the disconnect order is processed, the two lines would no longer produce any further charges beyond the bill cycle in which you requested the disconnect.

To ensure we are aligned, what were the two lines you for originally?

JaimeG_VZW

0 Me gusta