cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Faulty hardware return question...

I just got a new device. I'm still within the 14 day return period. If I make an exchange for faulty hardware, will I still be hit with a $35 restocking fee?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Faulty hardware return question...

kaebfly
Leader

Not if you're exchanging it for the same device due to a defect.

Thank you! You were right. I went back to the store that I got my device from and the fee was waived. The rep said, "you get one initial exchange." Not sure if that means you get one freebie before the fee starts to apply. Guess I should've have asked. Hopefully, I have no more problems cause I would rather not find out.

0 Me gusta

dad_of_2

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR BILL! Have heard of times that people have been told things and it was not true.  Good Luck!

Let us know if it ever hits your bill.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

An exchange for defect will NOT generate a restocking fee. If the OP wanted to exchange for a different device or even the same one but a different color or capacity then yes, that would cause a fee.

0 Me gusta

dad_of_2

kaebfly The poster said:

Thank you! You were right. I went back to the store that I got my device from and the fee was waived. The rep said, "you get one initial exchange." Not sure if that means you get one freebie before the fee starts to apply. Guess I should've have asked. Hopefully, I have no more problems cause I would rather not find out

Why would the salesma say he gets one free exchange.  Like we all know, when you are in warrenty and you get the same device, then you not have to pay for it.  Why would he word it like that? I implied he got a new/ different phone.  His works: "Not sure if that means you get one freebie before the fee starts to apply." I feel like salesman would not have said that if it was a regular exchange.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

Doesn't appear that the rep stated this was their one free exchange. Sounds like they were telling them the exchange policy in general. Considering that the OP clearly stated that they were exchanging for a defect and appears to have exchanged for the same device then there would never have been a charge for it anyway. After the 14 days though if there were a defect they may choose to only exchange with a refurbished model UNLESS the phone they have is so new that there are no refurbished models to be had. Regardless of how the rep explained it (sorry but plenty of ill trained store reps get the info wrong) there never would have been a charge for a defect swap.

0 Me gusta