cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

False advertising-no return in full

CA2MT
Miembro

Has anyone purchased a Verizon device, couldn't get it to work, and then was forced to pay a restocking fee in order to get something that did work?  I have found NO dispute resolution option.

I went in to the local Verizon store for a wireless internet access device and was told they didn't have any, go to Walmart!!

I then ordered it online through Verizon.  When I received the mifi global usb u620, I could not get it activated.  I called customer service and he could not get it to work.   Por Internet, it says this device funciona para Windows 10, I went back & checked to make sure, the rep said no it doesn't.  So I have to return it, as my new laptop is window 10.  He tells me to take it in to my local Verizon store.  Mind you, we tried to get this to work on my old laptop, windows 7, and it would not work.

So, it does not work, as advertised it would.

So I take it in to the store, they take 5 minutes in a 4 person confab on whether I can return it here or not.  Finally yes, and they say that the jetpack mifi 6620L works with Windows 10.  So I can exchange for that, they go through many attempts to get the return and exchange into their system correctly, as they could not get the correct price to come up.  Finally they do, kind of.  It is ultimately the same price they say, but only after a rebate, that I have to mail in, and wait how many weeks for? And it's in a Verizon card, not even a credit on my account.

So finally, they finalize everything...and it includes a restocking fee...for something that their customer service couldn't get to work.

They all agree that I'm up a creek & have to pay the fee, because it's a felony if I just go back and try to sell the device on my own!  I have a trip planned, so need something to work with my new laptop so am forced to go through with the exchange.  And I say I hope it works with Windows 10 or I'll have to pay another $35 restocking fee, they say yup !

And then they proceed to offer up accessories that I can buy !  Yes even for a device I don't know even works!

Does anyone else think I should have gone to Walmart????  I would have at least gotten better service and no fees, even though I couldn't get a device!

Nice false advertising to get a sale, and then corrupt policies on the back end to get a fee.  Oh yeah, and nice customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: False advertising-no return in full

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sad to hear the experience you had CA2MT. We always want to make sure that you get a working device. If you were to exchange the device for a different make and model then you would get charged a restocking fee. Did you get a different device?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

IT is clear in the post the OP did get a different device.

HOwever, it is also in the post the reason he purchased the first device was the online information was FALSE.

PLease re read and then consider the correct action, which is to refund the restocking fee and correct the advertisement online.

0 Me gusta

CA2MT
Miembro

Everyone except Verizon customer service gets it.  I had to get a different model --U6620L instead of U620L - only because I bought the U620L based on Verizon specifications that it worked with Windows 10.  And I had to pay an additional 49.99 (99.99 before rebate) because I had to get the different model.

I should not owe a restocking fee. 

Now, to add to it, I get home to find out that the rebate form does not have the correct model IMEI #, so now I will have to deal with that to get my $50 rebate. What's wrong with Verizon putting a credit on my account so I don't have to deal with it?  Seems like it would be less costly for Verizon.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I do apologize for the experience and I want to make sure this is looked at closely Ca2MT. Please accept my follow request and reply to my private message in order for me to further assist. We will make sure this is fixed for you once and for all.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

¡Gracias!

CA2MT. Please keep us updated.

0 Me gusta