cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Ex-gf wants her number back but not the phone.

CFoust1991
Miembro

I put my gf on my "Share Plan" last year and now we are broken up. I am the only admin on the vzw account. I want to release the phone number ONLY on that line and get a NEW phone number on that device for myself. I plan on keeping both devices on my plan but she wants her Phone Number back.

Both devices are on the Edge Program and I am not eligible for an upgrade on either device

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Ex-gf wants her number back but not the phone.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow, sorry to hear about your broke up. Normally, we would be able to do an assumption of liability but with our Edge program, it is a little different. We do not have an assumption of liability with the Edge program. Here is what you can do. Keep the device and when you pay it off you can then do the assumption of liability, giving her the number and then getting yourself a new number. Hope this helps.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow, sorry to hear about your broke up. Normally, we would be able to do an assumption of liability but with our Edge program, it is a little different. We do not have an assumption of liability with the Edge program. Here is what you can do. Keep the device and when you pay it off you can then do the assumption of liability, giving her the number and then getting yourself a new number. Hope this helps.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

CFoust1991
Miembro

The assumption of liability does the phone number and the phone..
My ex has another phone, she just wants to get her phone number from my account. (PHONE NUMBER ONLY)

Is there a way that that number can be ported out to a different phone without cancelling my service on that 2nd line?
I will get a new phone number on my 2nd line on my account(Her old line)

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Since Verizon does not allow AOL on Edge lines, the only way your ex would be able to get her number would be to port the line to another carrier which essentially cancels service on that line. There is no reason you wouldn't be able to open up a new line of service to replace the line which was ported, though, and activate the Edge phone on that line of service. I am unsure of Verizon's current Edge policy, you may be able to continue with the Edge payments OR you may be required to pay the balance in full when a port is initiated.

0 Me gusta

CFoust1991
Miembro

Okay, I talked to someone on the Chat service here and she told me that I would be able to re-activate the phone after porting the number out with no ETF charges or anything since I'm going to keep that line active on my account

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

If she is on Edge, and ports the number out, then the full balance of the phone would have to be paid.  CS was right that after the phone is paid she can take responsibility through and assumption of liability (AOL) on the line.  Edge agreements cannot be transferred with AOL, but the line can be.  I think in the end, she should pay you or you should pay (since you are keeping it) the full cost of the phone and then transfer the line to her.  That frees up the phone for you to keep and the line number for her to keep.

0 Me gusta

CFoust1991
Miembro

Like I said before, she will not be keeping the phone that is associated with the number she wants, she will just be porting the number over to her new phone(If it is new, idk) and I will get a new phone number on the line she WAS using

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Yes.  For you to keep the phone you need to pay for it in full and then release the line to her since at that point the line can be ported.  Sounds like you want to transfer the line to her and keep paying on the Edge phone.  But, the phone has to keep an active line associated with it I believe.

0 Me gusta

CFoust1991
Miembro

Yes, I want to transfer her original number to her new phone but I will keep the original phone for my personal use and pay for it accordingly on the Edge Program, all I need is a new number to go with the original phone.

Can I not start the port (On her new phone) and while it processes, contact VZW and tell them to activate the original phone with a different number?

that way there is no gaps in the whole thing and I am still paying for and using both phones on my account.

Another option is to add another line and transfer her old phone to the New line with a number change?

that seems sketchy to me so I don't feel comfortable doing that.

I am not trying to screw VZW out of a phone but I don't want to have to pay $199 for the insurance deductible because she wont give me the phone back until she gets her number back.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

This might turn into a matter the 2 of you have to work out, but I would not get another line and what's this about an insurance deductible? 

0 Me gusta