cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Erroneous Charges Getting Out of Control?

Miembro

I have been a loyal Verizon wireless customer since 2009.

My bill is on auto-pay and I have never carried a balance or paid late.

We have a family plan, so there are a lot of us using the plan - we represent several customers.

About 2 years ago, I started getting text messages saying that I had an outstanding balance. I called Verizon and nothing showed as outstanding on my account. After calling several times in response to these texts, the Verizon rep told me that this was most likely a phishing scam and that I should ignore them and she advised me to not confirm any information with them.

Last year - I went to purchase a new phone, and was told I couldn't because of an ($400) outstanding balance I had on a sub-account. I told them that I have no sub-accounts. They escalated this thinking that it was fraud.

Several months ago, the fraud report came back as "no fraud detected", but they kept the $400 on my account. Then (of course) two of our phones broke. We wanted to buy one with an upgrade and pay full price for another. Because of this $400 charge associated with our account, we couldn't do either - not even pay cash for a new phone with no financing or anything. I spent hours on the phone with various reps. Eventually , I thought the best solution would be to pay the $400 and take Verizon to small claims court to recover my costs. So, I paid the $400. We went to the Verizon store, ready to pick up our phone. They said, "Oh - you have an outstanding $50 landline balance on your account". I haven't had a landline with Verizon in over 20 years. They told me that I had to call a number, that number told me I had to call another number... the people there said, "nope. no landline charges are on your account - you're all set". We went back to the store, the landline charges were still preventing us from getting the phone....

This is getting too complicated and too time-consuming. It is insulting for them to treat a customer who has been loyal for 14 years this way.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Erroneous Charges Getting Out of Control?

Miembro

Hi , Just read your thread here . Sorry to hear what you went thru.

I myself have been a Verizon Customer for about 7 years now . And although the Wireless service has been great , The Customer Support has been very so so for the most part. And the Billing ?? Well then there's another monster by itself .

I too have watched my monthly bills just bounce all over the place and not be consistent . I have 2 dumb phones , and one smart phone ( With Unlimited Data ) . You'd THINK that my monthly bills would be MAYBE just pennies , or a few dollars off from each other every month . Well,,,,,,,Let's just say this,,,,,,,,I'd be stretching to find 2-3 monthly bills that were consistent the last  1 1/2 years.

(( NO , I DONT BUY RINGTONES OR APPS ))

I would call , and only after NUMEROUS calls would I find descrepancies on my bill .

I was getting charged for Insurance ( on a dumb phone) that I never ordered or asked for ( It's a $20 phone ) . Got charged the $9.99 fee for 6 months before being discovered .

Found out that I was being charged a $4.99 fee ( for 7 months ) for some program that regulates that I don't go over my data.,,,,,,,,Problem is,,,,,,,,,,I had UNLIMITED DATA . So why would I , or any other sane person ask/want that ?? Well , regardless , Verizon had/was charging me each month for this " SERVICE" .

Any other changes , and Verizon would tell me that its FEDERAL TAX , or LOCAL TAX . Problem is ,,,Does Verizon expect me to believe that EACH MONTH these "taxes" change ?? C'mon now.

Wife went to the Bahamas for 3 days , So I call Verizon 3 days BEFORE she was leaving . I wanted to know what the charges would be , and what the best route would be for us calling each other . Make a long story short , I was told that if I purchased some plan , I think it was $4.99 , That SHE could call me , and we would be good. Well,,,,,,,,,,,,Needless to say when she got back , and our bill arrived it was $500. It took NUMEROUS phone calls to get it resolved . I was far from happy .

Then being told by Verizon first that I COULD / AND THEN LATER TOLD I COULD  NOT DO AN AOL ( Assumption Of Liabilty ) on my Unlimited data line . Meanwhile people are all over EBAY are selling their unlimited data plans . 1 rep even told me that it was illegal to sell an unlimited data line.,,,,,,,,,,,,REALLY ??? And the folks on EBAY ?? Verizon just sits back and WATCHES people (( supposedly )) break the law ??

Last year , For the iphone release , I called the 611 # a day before release and asked every question under the sun . I was told that I could order online and bill to my account . So I waited up to order online . But yet it wouldn't let me . Yet I was ASSURED by a Verizon rep that not only could I order online , but that I could also BILL it to my account . Needless to say I rush down to my local Verizon store and get in line at 4am,,,,,,I was the 8th person in line . When the doors opened , I get in , tell them the 2 phones I want , tell em I wanna use my upgrade , and then bill me on the other phone . I was then told that they CANNOT bill me , They then went one to tell me that APPLE doesn't allow Verizon to BILL customers , and that payment is due up front ,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT??!!!! Look , I'm not one to break the rules but seriously,,,,,,,They couldn't of told me that YESTERDAY when I specifically called and asked a Verizon rep about ordering ?? All this running around could of been avoided had the rep that I spoke to actually knew what she was talking about.

These are just SOME of the ridiculous things that I myself have had to go through, THERE ARE MORE,,,,,,,,,,,Won't get into the others.

Like having to prove OVER AND OVER AGAIN that I'm a Military Vet , so that I can receive my discount . (( Really ?? How many times does a person have to prove he/she served ?? SHOULD BE ONCE!!! Whomever came up with the bright idea of rechecking should be FIRED))

Bottom line is this , Many of the Verizon Reps at the #611 number act as if they are doing US A FAVOR , rather than acknowledging that THEY are the ones getting paid to answer the phones . I for one understand that nothing is perfect,,,,,,,,,,But when problems seem to be happening routinely each and every month,,,,,,,,,,THEN SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED.

And I'm sorry,,,,,,,,If I catch you overcharging me , Don't TELL ME that you'll credit the next bill. First of all you took money that wasn't owed to you , SO GIVE IT BACK TO ME WHEN I ASK FOR IT . Not on my " Next Bill" . Because I had one rep tell me,,,,,,,,," Sir we gave you a credit last month ",,,,,,,,,,,,,STOP , Don't call my money a " CREDIT " and then act as if you were doing me a favor by " Crediting " me. It was mine in the first place . A " CREDIT" in my opinion is when you GIVE SOMEBODY SOMETHING because of your mix up , and you'd like to make it right by them.

Anyways,,,,,,,,,,,Why do I stay ?? The WIRELESS SERVICE . The wireless service in MY opinion is unbeatable .

Customer service ?? Billing ??? Well , It's Darn near FRAUDELENT in my opinion . It's like,,,,,,,,,,If they don't catch it oh well .

Anyways,,,,,,,,,,,sorry for the rant

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

After two full days of going to the Verizon store, numerous calls to various Customer Service reps, waiting on hold for literally hours - they've resolved this issue. As I told them, the $50 land line charge was someone else's account mistakenly attributed to mine. They did an override so that we can get the phone that we set about purchasing 4 days ago. The $50 charge is still there, so we'll have to go through this again when we need to upgrade our next phone in a few months. I wish they would fix this, remove it so that I don't have to prepare for a 4-day battle again. A response from a Verizon rep here would be helpful.

(@Tayshawn and @Dan at the Brookline, Mass stores were very helpful)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Verizon Wireless Customer Support - would you respond, please?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The VZW reps on this community won't be able to respond until the discussion is marked as a question to direct it to their queue. Since you didn't mark it in the first 15 minutes of creating the thread, you will have to wait and see if one of the admins will do it for you.

Until then you can always try calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Jeezz:

"The VZW reps on this community won't be able to respond until the discussion is marked as a question to direct it to their queue. Since you didn't mark it in the first 15 minutes of creating the thread, you will have to wait and see if one of the admins will do it for you."

0 Likes