cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Employer discount and account managers eligibility?

Mattienorton
Miembro

I am trying to research if employer discounts still apply for the account managers as well. I may be changing professions and may change employers yet again. My wife is my 2nd line on the account and is an account manager with her name listed on the account. We have had the discount for many years 8+ but we are fearful of loosing our discount if I change jobs. Can we send in her paystub and still keep our discount?

Another community question was answered yes by a verizon associate asking this as well. However I dont want to put anything in jeopardy. Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Employer discount and account managers eligibility?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Mattienorton, 

We understand how helpful it is to have an employee discount on your account. We would love to address your concerns. If you were to change employers, you may lose your Employee Discount. Your wife can certainly apply her Employee Discount. She can follow this link to sign up: http://spr.ly/6583DCU5d

0 Me gusta

Mattienorton
Miembro

Not quite sure you fully answered the question. We DO NOT have separate plans. We have a family share plan. It is in MY name. I'm the account owner.

She is the 2nd phone in the plan and is an account manager. Her name is different from mine but it is added to the account manager Information. Her paycheck would match this.

Will I loose our discount if I switch current employers? Or can we use hers since she is an account manager on the plan?

Your answer was rather vague to be honest.

Q. Do employer discounts still apply on plans for account managers?

This is what I'm asking and want to know. If you could provide any Information on this that would be helpful.

0 Me gusta

Mattienorton
Miembro

Also I have read on a few answers here in the community we need to can we switch the account owner into her name and have her fill out an AOL (assumed ownership of liability) and take over the account so we are guaranteed to keep our discount. Or is that option no longer available?

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great question, Mattienorton. You do not change account owners to take advantage of your wife's employee discount. You can use an employee discount for any listed Account Manager on your account.

PeterP_VZW

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Employee discount ONLY apply to the account owner, not account managers. If you change employers, you would lose your employer's discount the next time Verizon asks you to verify your eligibility for that discount. If you want to switch your employer discount to your wife's employer, you could do so at that time if she was willing to take over as the account owner and was eligible to do so.

Fortunately, you would not lose your employer discount immediately upon switching employers as Verizon only asks you to verify your employment every year or 2. Possibly your new employer has a discount equal to or greater than your current employer.

0 Me gusta

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

rcschnoor wrote:

Employee discount ONLY apply to the account owner, not account managers.

When did this change again?  For the past several years employee discounts were applicable for account managers as well as account owners (but still only one discount per account).

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Apparently I was not aware an employer discounts were available for those who were not the account owner.

0 Me gusta

tikibar1
Líder Sénior
0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Has anyone reported actually receiving a discount as an account manager? The faq for discounts indicate that the last 4 digits of the SS# are required for the discount and I don't believe I had to provide that info for any account managers on my account. How is the discount verified that the account manager is actually using a device on the account OR can you simply input information for someone just to get a discount you are not actually eligible to receive? This certainly sounds as if it is an invitation for abuse...

For example, I am an account manager on my mother-in-law's Verizon Wireless account as she routinely has me purchase her devices. I am not, however, a user on her account as she has a single line account. Can she use MY employer discount as I am an account manager, she is a senior citizen who does not work and receives no discounts????