cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Edge program & Allset plan?

Miembro

Currently I have the single line plan and my phone is under the EDGE contract.  Downside is that I cannot use the phone's mobile hotspot with this plan and switching to More or other plans costs me much more for just that addition.

So now I looked at the ALLSET prepaid plan and it would fit me to a 'T'!  But a couple questions come to mind that I cannot find answers for.

1.  Would I need to pay off the EDGE contract on the phone to switch to ALLSET

2.  Assuming #1 is yes, then can I keep the insurance on the phone?  I saw no reference to that on the ALLSET page

3.  I have read that if I do auto-pay with Allset the data in the $45/month plan doubles from 500Mb to 1Gb, but again I can find nothing on the ALLSET page that addresses that.

The reason that the ALLSET program would work for me is that when I'm in the home area I have little need for cell data as I'm usually on wifi.  Biggest exception is downloading a map for the golf gps app I have.

But when travelling, which is about 3-5 times a year, cell data would be more important and used and the hotspot capability would be beneficial.

Gracias

Lloyd

Labels (1)
Pestañas (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Edge program & Allset plan?

Miembro

I see there are a few interested in this thread.  I just got off the phone with VZW and have confirmed the following:

1.  Edge phones have to be fully paid off to go to Allset (thanks Ann154)

2.  Insurance is available if I already have it according to them.

3.  The double data in the base is not there.  It is there if you buy the phone from Walmart and get things set up with them.

4.  The mobile hotspot is there.

5.  The data is LTE where available just like on contract/EDGE phone plans.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

1. Yes

2. No.

3. No idea.

4. Are you sure you have an option for the mobile hotspot feature on a prepaid plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Miembro

Yes, the page about it mentions it even.  But since the original page for the single line plan did that too, I've checked with some others I know that have the prepaid plan and it does work.

Now that ALLSET is LTE data, it just seems to make sense to me.

Thanks for the other answers.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I see there are a few interested in this thread.  I just got off the phone with VZW and have confirmed the following:

1.  Edge phones have to be fully paid off to go to Allset (thanks Ann154)

2.  Insurance is available if I already have it according to them.

3.  The double data in the base is not there.  It is there if you buy the phone from Walmart and get things set up with them.

4.  The mobile hotspot is there.

5.  The data is LTE where available just like on contract/EDGE phone plans.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

Yes they have the offer where you can get 1 GB instead of 500 MB if you use auto pay. HOWEVER there are many posts here about people not getting this extra data even when auto-pay is added. So I'm not sure if it's isolated or a major issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Sounds like another case of the left and right hands not knowing the other exists...  Smiley Happy

That's not real new at VZW!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Well things didn't go well.  Smiley Sad

Paid off phone and attempted to go to ALLSET plan.  Had to call to do it and found out that I had a loyalty discount of $10/month which kicked in a 1 year contract with a $175 ETF.  Rather bogus I think.  A $120 value deal with a $175 ETF?  Utter nonsense!

But that got me to thinking.  When I went on EDGE it had a $10/month discount also, so I should have been getting $20/month total discount.  So they aren't giving me one or the other since they aren't giving both.

As it sits, unless I pay off the ETF, I can't switch to ALLSET, and I darned sure am not switching to a "MORE" whatever plan @$30/month penalty just to pick up mobile hotspot.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

You never mentioned you were on a loyalty plan. We would have told you that you'd have to wait. No you don't get 2 discounts. No offense but what can you do with 1 GB on a hotspot? Well you can't switch to anything now. If you were off contract on More Everything you could have gotten 1 GB with a hotspot for $65.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I didn't mention it because I wasn't aware I still was.  The salesperson at the Verizon store told me I was going to get the Edge $10 discount instead.  Obviously he was mistaken.  And why the heck can't you get 2 discounts?  The 'loyalty' one was before I got the Edge deal and both should apply.  That's how it works with many other companies, stacking deals is not uncommon at all.

I have the 2Gb version of the single line plan, and I can sure do quite a bit with it when needed.  I switched to a 'more' plan for a month while my local internet was out and used the hotspot for the things I wanted to on my SurfacePro.  Granted it wasn't music/videos, but was more than good enough and never exceeded the 2Gb that month either.

I'll most likely look for the very cheapest deal I can with Verizon while I ride this out.  With minimal data useage from Verizon since phone data itself has little value to me.  Call it old age or bad eyes, but using the small phone screens for much more than very light data use is just not in the cards for me.

At the end of the contract there is a fairly high probability that whatever I do it won't involve Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

lparsons21 wrote:

I didn't mention it because I wasn't aware I still was.  The salesperson at the Verizon store told me I was going to get the Edge $10 discount instead.  Obviously he was mistaken.  And why the heck can't you get 2 discounts?  The 'loyalty' one was before I got the Edge deal and both should apply.  That's how it works with many other companies, stacking deals is not uncommon at all.

I have the 2Gb version of the single line plan, and I can sure do quite a bit with it when needed.  I switched to a 'more' plan for a month while my local internet was out and used the hotspot for the things I wanted to on my SurfacePro.  Granted it wasn't music/videos, but was more than good enough and never exceeded the 2Gb that month either.

I'll most likely look for the very cheapest deal I can with Verizon while I ride this out.  With minimal data useage from Verizon since phone data itself has little value to me.  Call it old age or bad eyes, but using the small phone screens for much more than very light data use is just not in the cards for me.

At the end of the contract there is a fairly high probability that whatever I do it won't involve Verizon.

How long until you loyalty contract ends? 2 GB single line plan is $75 and includes hotspot. I'm not sure if you get month2month discount on that for being off contract but if you do that drops it down to $60.

0 Likes