cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Edge Contract/Change/Upgrade

ApathyAmbition
Miembro

I only owe $81.24 on my Edge contract. I want to upgrade my phone and want to keep my current phone. I'm under the impression that after the 81.24 is paid off I get to keep my iPhone 5S. I want to upgrade to the iPhone 6 Plus and switch to a 2 year contact. I found this info on the site:

"Si no deseas utilizar la opción Edge Up, debes pagar el saldo restante de tu dispositivo de Verizon Edge, ya sea en su totalidad o según las cuotas mensuales programadas. After your Edge device is paid off, you can purchase a new device under a 2-year service agreement."

So after reading this I would assume that I can pay off the remaining balance and then switch to a new phone and 2 year contact. I asked online help and they said that I had to wait until October before I can do that all that. Why would that be? If I'm paid off the phone is mine and I'm choosing to change my contact. Looking at my plan its currently "month to month" so I should be able to change whenever I'm paid off right? Can someone clear all this up for me?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Edge Contract/Change/Upgrade

Community Manager
Community Manager
ApathyAmbition,

You've come to the right place for help. The Edge agreement amount needs to be paid in full before you are able to upgrade with a new two year agreement. Also, the lines needs to be eligible for an upgrade. Once the Edge agreement is paid in full you can keep the phone.

The upgrade eligibility date would depend on the date you last upgraded with a two year agreement. I can definitely take a look at your account and confirm your upgrade eligibility date. Please reply to the direct message I sent you so I can access the account.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

You should be able to go to contract once Edge is paid off and your contract status says month to month.  Where are the reps getting October?

0 Me gusta

ApathyAmbition
Miembro

I can upgrade at a discounted price 10/7. I don't care about their $50 coupon. I'm already in for thousands at this point...

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

The only other thing that can hold up upgrading devices is a late payment or other negative on the account.  According to the terms of service your account has to be in good standing for 6 months.

I don't know of any other reason.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

I'm thinking that your original Edge payment schedule term was 24 months and that October would have been the end of that 2 years?  Maybe the rep was just seeing the date of next upgrade based on that date and not paying attention to the fact you are/were on Edge and about to or were already paid off.

Community Manager
Community Manager
ApathyAmbition,

You've come to the right place for help. The Edge agreement amount needs to be paid in full before you are able to upgrade with a new two year agreement. Also, the lines needs to be eligible for an upgrade. Once the Edge agreement is paid in full you can keep the phone.

The upgrade eligibility date would depend on the date you last upgraded with a two year agreement. I can definitely take a look at your account and confirm your upgrade eligibility date. Please reply to the direct message I sent you so I can access the account.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Yeah.  I don't think online help was able to compute the "if I pay off my phone now" part of your question.