cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Early termination questions

Miembro

I have been a verizon customer for probably 10 years now with no issues.  But for Christmas I changed to the Edge plan when I got my son an iPhone 6.  Prior to adding him to our plan we paid ~ $115/month.  When I signed up for Edge, I was told that my bill would be approximately $150 - $160 per month for two smart phones (one new), one basic phone (not new) and 10G data, unlimited talk/text.  The first bill was $232.  I called customer service to discuss it.  I understand that we were prorated from the old plan and charged a month in advance for the new plan.  The lady I talked to said that the next bill would probably be around $160.  Second bill was $192!  I called again and ended up dropping the data down to 3G.  The service rep credited my account for $30 as we did not even use 2G of data.  The difference between the 10G and 3G is $30.  I received an email stating that the next bill would be $155 plus taxes.  I just received the next bill and it's $175!  I am seeing red right now!  How do I make a change that should lower my bill $30 but only see a $17 difference in my bill??? 

I am so fed up that I want to terminate my service with them unless I can go back to the 2 year contract option!  I know the phone would cost $300 up front on that plan, but I am thinking the monthly cost would be more reasonable.  I got some bad advice from the salesperson when I went to the edge plan apparently!  What other carriers can use the CDMA technology if I terminate?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Early termination questions

Líder Sénior

Based on what you are telling us after the first month pro-ration and with the rates in effect at the time:

10 GB more everything plan: $80

smartphone 1 under contract $40

smartphone 2 under edge $15

smartphone 2 iPhone 6 plus payment $35 (64 gb)

basic phone $20

= $190 or right in line with your second bill - no surprise there.

Now with 3G data:

3G more everything = $50

smartphone 2 under Edge $25

smartphone 2 iPhone 6 plus payment $35 (64gb)

basic phone $20

= $170 or right in line with your bill. So far no surprises if you would have done your own homework.

ON CONTRACT AS YOU WISH

phone 1 under contract $40

iPhone 6 plus under contract $40

3 GB more everything plan $50

Basic phone $20

=$150

All this was predictable and under your control if you would have just figured it out rather than "trusting" a salesperson you do not know.

Basically you were told what the service charge of your bill would be not the total cost with the payments of the phone. Neither a lie or a truth. You chose not to figure it out yourself.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Are you counting the cost of the Edge phone into the bill?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes, those numbers include everything.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Based on what you are telling us after the first month pro-ration and with the rates in effect at the time:

10 GB more everything plan: $80

smartphone 2 under edge $15

smartphone 2 iPhone 6 plus payment $35 (64 gb)

basic phone $20

= $190 or right in line with your second bill - no surprise there.

Now with 3G data:

3G more everything = $50

smartphone 2 under Edge $25

smartphone 2 iPhone 6 plus payment $35 (64gb)

basic phone $20

= $170 or right in line with your bill. So far no surprises if you would have done your own homework.

ON CONTRACT AS YOU WISH

phone 1 under contract $40

iPhone 6 plus under contract $40

3 GB more everything plan $50

Basic phone $20

=$150

All this was predictable and under your control if you would have just figured it out rather than "trusting" a salesperson you do not know.

Basically you were told what the service charge of your bill would be not the total cost with the payments of the phone. Neither a lie or a truth. You chose not to figure it out yourself.

View solution in original post