cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

EXTREME data overage alert error? (10000%)?

AMBDRI32
Miembro

I use 1GB on my plan, and today was the last day of my cycle. I used up all of my data 1019.59 MB out of 1024.000 according to the little red bar indicator plan usage)  However, I go to the My Verizon app on my phone and it says I've used 101959% overage! I dial the *611 number to do the automated service check thing still, 101959%! So in a panic, I called Verizon Tech Support and they told me it was in fact, an error, and that I did in fact only use the 1 GB I was allowed for the month and that the insane percentage was an error. The representative also said that I will not be charged for the insane amount of data overage "error"

However. I am still very skeptical. If they apply this astronomical error to my billing account that is $15000+ Though the tech representative confirmed that wouldn't happen, I still feel uneasy.

Has anyone else experienced this "bug"? What can I do to assure I a not charged $15000  I DID NOT USE?? I cannot show visual proof of the insane percentage, but here is a screenshot of my usage overview I spoke of earlier that  states I only used 1019.59 MB out of 1024.000MB

shit.png

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: EXTREME data overage alert error? (10000%)?

Community Manager
Community Manager

REIKAGOTH,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I know this must have been a shocker, and for that we apologize. Several of us saw this over the last couple days and this was escalated to the IT team. I received an email from them a bit ago, and the update that caused the problem was backed out. You should now properly see MB where it is appropriate. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

PHCRET
Miembro

I got the same issue going on. Allowed 1 gb. According to my cell phone, I've used 753 mb with 2 days left on billing cycle. Much to my surprise though, Verizon says I've used 753 gb at both the web site and the phone app. Contacted Verizon this morning via chat. They assured me it was an error in the unbilled data reporting, and said I did not have to worry about it.

Right after I got done chatting with them, the web site did report my correct usage. The phone app was still wrong. Just checked back in to the web site, and the usage is back up to 756 gb.

I'm freaked out about this too. It would be over an $11,000 bill if this situation gets out of hand. I know the nice guy on the chat service said not to worry, but I just don't trust things. Wish Verizon would make some kind of official statement as to what's going on and reassure us that we're not going to have to file bankruptcy or start some kind of legal action to stay out of the poor house.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

floyd99
Miembro

I am noticing the same thing. My Plan is for 500MB or 0.5GB since I use WIFI most of the time it is saying I used 11GB or 11000MB. An overage of 2100%! However, if I go to the section for setting up usage alerts it gives me the correct amount of 11.5MB.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

ALEGLO95
Miembro

This same thing has happened to me.  It shows I used 981.30 GB, but 2 days ago I checked and it said 981.30 MB at 96% usage.  I turned off my data and just used WIFI so I wouldn't have to pay overage fees and now it says I used 98,000%.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

RIEMAL50
Miembro

Totally the same I am experiencing now. It is so scary and should be announced and fix ASAP.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

AMBDRI32
Miembro

Did you speak with customer support?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

AMBDRI32
Miembro

Did you happen to speak with customer support as well?  I'm glad I'm not the only one with this terrifying issue but I also want to know if tech support is also telling others that it is an error.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

ALEGLO95
Miembro

I called customer service and they said there is a master ticket placed to work on the problem and they are aware of it.  They assured me that I won't be billed the overage.  I logged in a couple hours ago and it was fixed, it said 981MB on the web page, but still wrong on the mobile app.  Now I just logged in and it's wrong again, saying I used all my 981GB on the web page.  Verizon is so annoying.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

AMBDR, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and we certainly don't want any errors to occur with your usage. The screen shot you provided us is very helpful and shows you have used MBs and not GBs. Just to clarify, where are you seeing that you have used over 1000 GBs? Please provide us a screenshot if possible and I appreciate your patience throughout this.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

SANGLEE78
Miembro

I  have same issue now. I was really superised How can I improve this problem last night.

0 Me gusta