cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

ETF cost and cancel one line of service

WizardDollar
Miembro

I'm wndering if I can pay the ETF on just one line of service and keep my other line active. I have an iPhone 5s that is broken under 2 year contact and have exhausted all means of help from customer service. The appraisal on Verizon site is a value of 78.00 in good condition and the cost to fix it is more than that. I already looked at refurbished phones and ebay and cannot afford at this time. Also does anyone know how much an ETF would be on one line of service activated prior to November 2014 and finished 18 months of a 24 month contract ? From all the info I have gathered it may be best to just cancel one line for now instead of paying for a line not being used for 6 months and just decrease the data plan. I really do understand that I broke the phone, not Verizons fault, however I will be more than happy to buy my way out of the contract if it is cheaper than 6 months of service to finish my contract.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: ETF cost and cancel one line of service

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Si su plazo de contrato resulta de la compra de un dispositivo avanzado antes del 14 de noviembre de 2014, su cargo por cancelación prematura será de $350 menos $10 por cada mes completo que cumpla de su plazo de contrato.

So, if you have 6 months left then $350-$10 each month x 18 = $170 ETF.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

WizardDollar
Miembro

Forgot to mention the fixed 5s would probably be worth more than my ETF cost or so I'm thinking, but I cannot find a definite ETF amount anywhere. So I do not think fixing it to send back, get out of my contract, and switch to edge early is going to be in my best interest right now.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Si su plazo de contrato resulta de la compra de un dispositivo avanzado antes del 14 de noviembre de 2014, su cargo por cancelación prematura será de $350 menos $10 por cada mes completo que cumpla de su plazo de contrato.

So, if you have 6 months left then $350-$10 each month x 18 = $170 ETF.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

WizardDollar
Miembro

Thanks. I think I will have to go that route. I will pay 240.00 at the minimum to fulfill my contact for 6 more months.

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Once the ETF is paid, you can sell the phone as it is yours at that point.  The $10 off each month is for completed months, and charges continue through the end of the month you are in (billing cycle) when you cancel.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We'd be saddened to see you leave us, even if it's only one line, WizardDollar. Let's find a better option. Had you checked with Apple on repair costs? They could be less expensive than other options. They can be reached at 800-275-2273 or http://apple.co/1p6pA50

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

WizardDollar
Miembro

I have checked and honestly the cost of repairs based on all of the retailers locally and Apple are just not worth it. The phone started to have bend in it, bent further and cracked aluminum housing, then the glass popped out of frame, and then resulted in glass breaking, so multiple problems going on. I may be able to get a more current phone with another carrier and I may even get the ETF paid by them. I am certainly looking into that and their plans fit my family much better. I have two children who need phones as well and my spouse could use a newer device since he uses it at work all day. I may just pay those ETF's and move on. I have had tried many times to work this out somehow, but I have not found any other options.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Careful:  some carriers only pay the ETF when you turn in your current contract phone and it must be in working order with no damage.

0 Me gusta