cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Does it cost a lot more to have a Basic phone on Edge than a smartphone?

sprtfan
Miembro

Not sure if I understand or not, but it seems like it will cost a lot more to have a Basic phone on Edge than a smartphone.  Is there no discount when you have a Basic phone?

My Father in Law has parkinson's disease and can not operate a touch screen due to his tremors.  We were thinking about moving to a More Everything Plan with 10GBs of data.  Each smartphone line would be $40 line access fee and the Basic would be $30.  The discount seems to only apply to the smartphone line activation making the Basic line cost $15 more per month?  Is this really right?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Cost a lot more to have a Basic phone on Edge than a smartphone?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your cost concerns sprtfan! The discount only applies to Smartphones access fees when upgrades are processed via our Edge program.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your cost concerns sprtfan! The discount only applies to Smartphones access fees when upgrades are processed via our Edge program.

AntonioC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

sprtfan
Miembro

I guess I'm still confused.  What is the point of offering Basic Edge phones?  Buying a Basic phone using Edge means you'd basically be paying for the phone twice since you are still paying the full subsidized price plus the Edge payments.

Can we use Edge to get a smartphone and then activate a Basic phone on the account in it place and still pay the $40 a month smartphone line access fee instead?

He physically can't use a touch screen and it seems ridiculous to charge him more for a lesser product because of it.  Are there any available Edge smartphones that don't have a touch screen or at least have a physical number pad?  Gracias

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I feel you sprtfan! I have my parents on my account and they also have a hard time using Smartphones, so they have basic phones just like your father in law. Activating a Smartphone and then changing to a basic phone will not make a difference as the access fee will adjust systematically based on the device being activated.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Me gusta

sprtfan
Miembro

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately Verizon becomes much more expensive for us than other options that don't charge extra to keep a basic phone.  We just need to figure out the best way to move and how long the people on the account needing to get a smartphone can wait.  We'd rather stay and it seems like an old choice on Verzion part to lose customers this way.  Hopefully they rethink this soon.  Gracias

0 Me gusta