cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Does A Blocked Number Get A Notification That They Are Blocked?

Miembro

If I block a number from calling and texting me will they be notified when they send a text or try to call me?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: if I block a number from texting me do they know?

Community Manager
Community Manager

MICOBR62, we always want to help make sure your concerns are addressed. Let me confirm this for you. If you block a number that sends you a text message, the sender will receive a text reply stating, "VZW FREE MSG: You cannot send messages to the destination that is blocked by the owner." For phone calls, the caller hears, "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which have prevented the completion of your call."

I hope this clarifies for you.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

MICOBR62, we always want to help make sure your concerns are addressed. Let me confirm this for you. If you block a number that sends you a text message, the sender will receive a text reply stating, "VZW FREE MSG: You cannot send messages to the destination that is blocked by the owner." For phone calls, the caller hears, "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which have prevented the completion of your call."

I hope this clarifies for you.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Miembro

DID THIS RECENTLY CHANGE? I TESTED IT OUT AND A FRIEND SAYS IT STILL GOES THROUGH AND SAYS DELIVERED. THEY DONT GET A NOTIFICATION though

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Bmaddox8806, understanding how a blocked number receives your text messages is essential to your wireless experience. We're here to help. To gain clarity, how are you blocking the number (Smart Family, My Verizon, your device)? What is the make and model of your phone?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Hi chakia! I use myverizon and i have the android g7 thinq.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

If I Have someone blocked from texting me (this person has an iphone), does their message show as delivered? Gracias

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

I am wonderin this as well

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Blocking a number for calls or text does not alert the other party. The message on the other end will show that it has been sent, however, it is not delivered to your phone. Does this information help?

RogerZ_VZW

0 Me gusta
Covid19