cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Do not use Verizon's Trade In Program

Miembro

Verizon's trade in program is broken. I purchased an phone 11 on Black Friday because of a $400 trade in deal. I send my trade in phone to Verizon and UPS tracking confirms it was received 12/9/2019.  The appraisal was to take 3-5 days.

One month later, I still don't see an appraisal on my "Check Trade In Status" page and call customer support. First call, the rep tells me that they can't find the phone and creates a ticket. 1 week later, I call and find out they apparently found the phone but appraised it at $0. No explantion, so the rep issues another ticket. 1 more week and the rep tells me that the investigation tickets are back logged and it will take another 4 weeks for them to investigate reason for the $0 appraisal. I traded in a perfectly good phone.  I speak to a supervisor (Andrew) who tells me the same story and will not credit me for my trade in value despite the cause of the problem is with Verizon.

So, I have to wait at least 2 months to hear about my appraisal and trade in credit. They cant return my trade in so I can't return my new phone and switch carriers. I have no confidence that this will be resolved in 4 weeks. 

What a scam! I think these delays are just a tactic knowing that some people will just give up calling or forget. Now, I don't have the phone I traded in, stuck with a phone purchased at full price, and have to wait another month before I can leave Verizon.

This should be a warning to anyone purchasing a phone through Verizon because of a good trade in deal.

Pestañas (2)
Highlighted

Re: Do not use Verizon's Trade In Program

Asistencia al cliente

We would hate to lose you as a customer. We know it's vital to correct this situation as quickly as possible, and would love to review this further. Please respond to our private note. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Just had the most horrendous experience with Verizon and the device trade in from Black Friday. I sent in two iPhone ax's 256GB in mint condition Valued on Verizon's trade in at $500 each. Worth at the time about $450 on eBay. Come to find out today that because I did not opt to do the device payments, rather to purchase the phones outright, my phones that I sent in we're not eligible for trade in. The best part. They Cannot return the phones to me and are not giving me the full $1000 credit. Verizon is a bunch of crooks. Do not. I said do not use their trade in scam program. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

It's clear another look is needed. What is the make/model / GB size of the phone selected? What was the date of the purchase?

What was the make/ model GB size of the trade-in phones?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I'm also extremely disappointed with the outcome of my trade-in of an iPhone X (256GB).

When I submitted my trade-in request, the Verizon system did not accept my request when I entered my IMEI number and selected "T-Mobile" as my carrier. I was unable to overcome this system glitch despite trying on multiple browsers and computers. I was only able to successfully submit the request when I changed the carrier to "Other".

Given the prevailing trade-in value was $500 for both "T-Mobile" and "Other" iPhone X 256GB models, I assumed it was not an issue. Now Verizon is offering me $122.50 for my phone. This is completely unacceptable, given this problem stemmed from an issue with Verizon's own systems.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I placed my order on 11/12/2019 and bought two iPhone 11 Pro Max's 256GB with the intent of receiving both the $200 rebate cards for each phone, for switching to verizon, as well as the device trade in credit of $500 for each iPhone X (256GB unlocked paid off free and clear) I was trading in (qty 2). I spent $2700 on these two new phones and was expecting $1400 in return. What I got was a delay, zero communication and robbed of $400. 

Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I placed my order on 11/12/2019 and bought two iPhone 11 Pro Max's 256GB with the intent of receiving both the $200 rebate cards for each phone, for switching to verizon, as well as the device trade in credit of $500 for each iPhone X (256GB unlocked paid off free and clear) I was trading in (qty 2). I spent $2700 on these two new phones and was expecting $1400 in return. What I got was a delay, zero communication and robbed of $400. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

We would love to help you take care of this for you. What happened with your rebate? Was it all submitted with our rebate center? 
JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I received the two $200 rebate cards however I did not receive the full amount promised for the trade in devices. After months of going back and forth with customer service (both on the phone and in chats) I had to escalate the issue to a supervisor. The supervisor in a nutshell told me that because I did not do the device payment plans that my trade in credits were void. The worst part was that I completed the device trade in on the same order that I paid for the phones outright within. The best part is that once they received my phones they became a part of history and I would never get my full value back. Only after fighting with the supervisor verbally was I able to get $300 per phone that I returned. That is $200 less per phone than I was told when shipping them to the trade in center. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Radio silence... where is the support?

0 Likes