cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Dissatisfaction with service received

Miembro

Customer Support Team,

Today when my husband went into the Verizon store to upgrade his phone, he was offered the Verizon Edge plan. Less than a year ago, when I switched carriers and joined Verizon, I was not shown the same courtesy and offered the Edge plan. Had I been informed of this plan, I most certainly would have accepted it. I have tried calling customer service in order to get information about this and to switch to the plan, but was told that I can not. It is unfair that I was not given the opportunity to join Verizon Edge, and I would like to have the option to join the Edge plan. I am requesting an exception to your policy to get onto the Edge plan early due to the withheld information about this plan when I signed my contract.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Dissatisfaction with service received

Customer Support Team,

Today when my husband went into the Verizon store to upgrade his phone, he was offered the Verizon Edge plan. Less than a year ago, when I switched carriers and joined Verizon, I was not shown the same courtesy and offered the Edge plan. Did you go to a store to switch? Call? Go online? Had I been informed of this plan, I most certainly would have accepted it. The Edge plan is basically a payment plan.  It isn't tremendously different than a two year contract...why the insistence that you need this plan?  You have the cost of the phone spread over two years and can "Edge Up" (provided your previous phone is in excellent condition for trade in) after, I believe, a year (I don't know for sure). I have tried calling customer service in order to get information about this and to switch to the plan, but was told that I can not. You can't. You might be able to take advantage of "Early Edge" before the end of your contract, but you still have to trade in your current phone, and usually there is only one phone available using Early Edge.  If you got your current phone less than a year ago, may I ask why the urgency to use the Edge program? Is your current phone not working, or are you just looking to get a different one? It is unfair that I was not given the opportunity to join Verizon Edge, and I would like to have the option to join the Edge plan. It might seem unfair, but it isn't as if the Edge program was hidden from you.  There are signs all over stores, commercials, etc.  The information was all there a year ago...if it wasn't offered you certainly could have asked. I am requesting an exception to your policy to get onto the Edge plan early due to the withheld information about this plan when I signed my contract. That is not going to happen. First of all, there is nothing in your contract saying that if you are not offered all plans and programs at the time of signing the contract is null and void.  Second, the consumer bears some responsibility here.  When I switch service providers for anything, I make sure I understand what I am getting into, the plans, pricing, options, etc.  An informed consumer is a happier consumer.  Third, this is not a customer service venue, it is a peer to peer customer forum, and while there are Verizon employees (identified with VZW in their screen name and a Verizon avatar), they generally wait a few days for other customers to chime in and help and even then it seems like they give a generic response and request for a private message from you but that is as far as it ever goes.  Even if you are offered early Edge, again, there will be one, maybe two phones to choose from. 

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

There is a way to do this, but the hassle is your decision.  You can cancel your line, lose your number, and pay the ETF or you can port your number to another carrier and pay the ETF, then sell the current phone for less than you paid, then sign up for Edge as a new customer and port your number back.

Early Edge may be an option later on, but of course you lose the money you already paid for that phone and the money you paid on the plan and then you get a choice of one phone, at Verizon's choosing.  So, unless you just want the phone that Verizon is offering, this might not be the plan for you.  Any money saved on Edge would be null after that saved money was used to make the phone payment.

Highlighted

I think if you port the same number back within 60 days the old contract is reactivated where it left off.  I could be wrong about that, so if someone knows for sure, please inform!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I thought it was 30 days.  BUT, you may be right.  I thought it might be if you came back  BEFORE the end of the current or next cycle. 

0 Me gusta
Covid19