Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Disney Plus Promotion Needs To Be Reissued (See this if your account is missing)
blake123
Miembro

My Disney account was compromised and they removed my email. I have talked to both Disney and Version multiple times an no one is able to do anything about it. I was told I lost the free year promotion, which is absurd considering Disney has a security issue.

The issue is that since the Verizon+Disney account has no billing information the only ownership is the email, which can be changed by anyone with access to the account. I got an email saying my account email was changed which effectively deleted my account and was assigned it to whomever's email was entered. Disney confirmed that there was an active email when I provided my Verizon reference number, but said they could not do anything about it (I assume because I can't prove it is mine since there is no billing information). 

When I called Verizon I was sent to Disney who said to call Verizon who said to call Disney....you can see where I am going with this. 

I have since deactivated the promotion as I did not want some hacker to get free Disney plus. When you deactivate the promotion there is a disclaimer stating that it will not be reissued. Thus, I need this to be overridden to have the promotion again. 

All I need is Verizon to reissue my promotion. 

Also, you guys should figure out this security vulnerability. It is laughable that for two multibillion-dollar companies I have to figure out the solution myself. 

TL;DR 

Your account was hacked and all they have to do is change your email. Don't bother calling Disney, they won't do anything except offer you 30 days free if you manage to get a supervisor. 

Deactivate your promotion and ask Verizon to issue a new one (not sure if they even will yet, but this looks like a widespread issue).  I will post this to some social media sites (feel free to do it too) if this doesn't work and we may be able to get this fixed. 

Re: Disney Plus Promotion Needs To Be Reissued
ssnowandsurf
Miembro

I have had the same problem since December...it's almost MAY!!! I have changed BOTH my email & password on Disney+, but since they are logging in through my Verizon account, there is nothing Disney+ can do. Verizon is the one who leaked the info, not Disney+...but Verizon won't do anything to fix the problem. I am SOOOO irritated! I change my log-in info, yet they can still access my account...but if I cancel my subscription, I lose the promotion?!? This is how you treat your long-time customers? My Disney+ subscription may not be the only thing I cancel if Verizon can't figure out a way to help their own customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

That is definitely not the Disney+ experience we want you to have, ssnowandsurf. When you registered for Disney+, did you use the email you used for your Verizon Wireless account? 

- ElizabethC_VZW

0 Likes
ssnowandsurf
Miembro

Yes. When I signed up, I used the same account. Verizon told me there was nothing they could do, so I called Disney+, who said they would investigate it, but since it was through Verizon, there was nothing they could do, other than give me a free month (if I created a new email address...which I did). 30 days later, still nothing had been accomplished on either side, but Disney+ gave me another 30 days free (under the other email address) while they continued to look into it. Verizon still would not help me. I have been forced to share my account with the hacker which has become a battle of changing user names, and them adding user accounts (which I keep deleting). I tried using a business email, and changing the password AGAIN, but once again, the hacker has gone in and changed my user name. It is VERY frustrating. All I can think of is to delete my Disney+ account...but 1.) I don't want to lose my promotion when I did nothing wrong, and 2.) Even if I deleted it & re-signed up through Verizon, I can't be sure it wouldn't happen again (and then I'd be paying to have someone steal my account). It's very frustrating

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

For this specific issue, we would need to have access to your account to help determine the underlying issue. Please reach out to our customer service team at your earliest convenience. EstavanC_VZW

0 Likes