cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: Disappointed in Verizon

tcad
Novice

you are not a new customer, you are not royalty, you do not get the offer that is made to new customers.

Simple. If they made an exception for you, they would have to offer the free phone to there other 20 million customers. It is you who is missing the point.  This argument that old customers should get the same offers as new customers is getting old and tired! No, I don't work for Verizon.

Ann154
Expert

The deal is for a new line of service. That can apply to existing customers who add a new line or new customers.

Screenshot_20170224-173300.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

adp3334 wrote:

You must work for Verizon customer service? Because that was the attitude. Really a poor way to treat a long term customer. Switching is no hassle at all. Especially when other carriers are offering money back. Plus, I can get a better phone. I just thought I'd stay with Verizon because I have been with them for so long. If they are offering a fairly low cost phone to new customers, why not offer the same deal to a long-term customer to get them to stay? Obviously, poor customer service and don't care attitude. When a company has that type of attitude is when they start losing to the competition. Just surprised me that's all.

I don't have a VZW avatar next to my name nor do I have a VZW signature on my posts. I do NOT work for VZW at all.

I will tell you once more that this offer is not strictly for new customers. You can get it but you have to add a line of service.

You will be hard pressed to get regular contributors to sympathize and agree with you.

We are not entitled to anything. It makes no difference how long our tenure as a customer is.

You won't get any buyout credits from other carriers if you are out of contract and you won't get any trade in credit on a basic phone.

Now, I can tell you that if you don't feel like you should pay $168 to buy this phone then you have a few options.

1. Wait for another promotion and stay with Verizon
  2. Cambia
0 Me gusta

adp3334
Miembro

I'm not looking for anyone to sympathize with me. I guess I shouldn't have posted this. I was purely disappointed in Verizon customer service, they used to be very customer-service oriented. When I called one month ago, they were willing to work with me on just about anything, but unfortunately, I didn't make the change then. It really does just depend on who you get on the phone. No need to be nasty, I know my options. If I can, I'll remove this post.

0 Me gusta

adp3334
Miembro

Wow, this group is mean and obviously missed the point of the message. It is about customer service that's all. If I want, I'm sure if I call back I'll get someone who will work with me or I go somewhere else.

Kristops
Miembro

I completely agree.  I have been with Verizon for years and think they should at least offer the same deals to their current customers (if not better) then the ones offered to new customers. My contract is up and I am eligible for and upgrade.  I was looking at a phone that is on sale for $10 mo. but when I get to my account it is not on sale.  I questioned it through chat and was told it was for new lines only. I asked why they would offer a deal to a new customer but not one that has been with them for years. They did not have a good response; just some deals are for new line others are for all.  I am looking around and may change carriers there are some with better deals.  Verizon seems to not care much for customer loyalty or good customer service.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Kristops wrote:

I questioned it through chat and was told it was for new lines only. I asked why they would offer a deal to a new customer but not one that has been with them for years.

People keep mistaking offers for "new lines" as an offer for a "new customer". They are not the same thing. You, as a customer who has been with Verizon for years, can open a new line of service and would be eligible for that offer. Does that make you a new customer? NO. Does that make you a current customer who is eligible for that promotion? YES.

I would like the offer too, but I don't want to purchase a phone. Since you think you don't need to fulfill the requirements by opening a new line of service, maybe I don't need to fulfill the requirement by actually purchasing the phone. They are both requirements for the promotion. You don't want to fulfill one of the requirements and I don't want to fulfill a different one. We should both be able to get the promotional credit, right?

0 Me gusta

Kristops
Miembro

I'm not "mistaking" anything.. new customer or new line...Good customer service would be to offer the same deal to anyone on any line new or old if eligible for an upgrade. Why would someone add a new line that is not needed? 

And the second part of the statement is just dumb... .

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

They're giving away this phone to "attract" new activations. It doesn't matter if you are a new OR existing customer, the promotion is for a NEW LINE OF SERVICE. If you don't need a new line of service then you shouldn't add it.

This has been explained too many times to keep going over it.

You can't want a free phone, not qualify for a promotion and then call it bad customer service. It doesn't work that way. The fact is that your existing line doesn't qualify for this promotion.

If you don't want to pay for that phone, don't upgrade. I am sure there will be another promotion soon.

0 Me gusta

Kristops
Miembro

The phone I was looking isn't free, it is on sale for a "new line". And it is poor customer service to not offer the same deal to everyone eligible for a new phone no matter what the reason for eligibility is.

0 Me gusta