cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Did you receive an unsolicited promo offer and after accepting realize your employee discount was dropped?

llight1
Miembro

This is EXACTLY what happened to me! About two months ago, I received a text from Verizon stating,

"Verizon appreciates your loyalty. You are currently on the $50/2GB plan. You can now get an extra 2GB of data per month for the same price you pay now. There's no change to your voice plan or contract. Would you like to move to this new plan?"

Of course, I was tempted but thought it was too good to be true. So I called Verizon and spoke to customer service. I basically received the same message - nothing would be changed other than increasing the data plan to 4GB; the monthly rate and contract would remain the same. And I accepted the offer because it was so good!

Now, two months later I find my monthly rate is higher by ~$15. The first month, I called and received a credit - the customer service agent could never figure out why my employee discount was automatically dropped, but ensured me it wouldn't happen again. It was easily resolved and only cost me about 30 minutes in time to call in to get a resolution.

Then I get the next bill... I just chatted with customer service again this morning for this month's bill and suddenly the game has changed... I was told "promo" plans have never been allowed to receive employee discounts. Confuse me?!?! I would imagine this is something that should have come up sooner!

At any rate, I now was forced to go back to the original plan to ensure my bill would remain the same. However, I'm fuming that a company as large as Verizon could use such trickery and get away with it. It's frustrating that I have to babysit my bill and now have been misled. Here I was thinking Verizon's customer service with superior when in reality my "loyalty" plan was designed to cost me more money! Be aware when excepting these offers and they are ultimately a sales scheme.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta

Re: Did you receive an unsolicited promo offer and after accepting realize your employee discount was dropped?

brando8998
Novice

But in the original message nowhere did it state that an employee discount was added. If it applies or not would depend on the company and their negotiations with Verizon for what the discount covers and does not cover and at what price. Overall the deal is a good deal, however the only issue is that the original rep you spoke with should have taken the time to research and give you accurate information of whether or not your discount would carry over.

Re: Did you receive an unsolicited promo offer and after accepting realize your employee discount was dropped?

juliebugg
Novice

What happened was when you accepted the additional 2GB of data the system realized that the plan you are on being loyalty does not qualify for a discount. This is something that's been happening a lot. If you are on a loyalty, prepaid, promotional, already discounted, or grand fathered plan and you do an up data,  an upgrade, or even add and remove a line the system catches it and the discount is removed but is still in limbo till you switch to a plan that meets the qualification.

hope this helps Smiley Happy

elliew

The data 'loyalty' offers available today (double the data, same cost)  DO NOT remove or exclude employee discounts.  If your employee discount dropped it was for another reason.

llight1
Miembro

thank you for this info. I am certainly going to call verizon again tomorrow & see if I'm lucky enough to speak with a rep knowledgeable about this situation. I was told by one rep the discount would remain & by another that the employee discount could not be used in conjunction with a "loyalty" promo. I was not even aware that by excepting the additional 2 GB data plan that I was agreeing to a "promo" plan. However, I am learning as I go and appreciate your feedback and guidance. I will see if I can talk to someone who has the same understanding and hopefully get the promo back as well as maintain my employee discount.

0 Me gusta

llight1
Miembro

0 Me gusta

llight1
Miembro

brando8998, I appreciate your response. I should have mentioned in my original post that the employee discount was always in effect. It has been since I started with Verizon and it was actually the reason I transferred my services to Verizon to begin with. Thanks again!

0 Me gusta

llight1
Miembro

juliebugg, thanks for your response. I totally understand what you are saying and it makes perfect sense. The problem is, I am getting conflicting interpretations of the "rules" from various Verizon reps, one saying what you do and the other as @elliew explains it above. I would love to think @elliew's is the correct interpretation; however, the monthly bill appears to follow your logic and unfortunately seems to keep kicking out my employee discount. Thanks again for your feedback!

juliebugg
Novice

if it is a LOYALTY PLAN then the discount will fall off which is the $60 or $50 dollar plans. being on a qualified plan and getting loyalty data will not remove the discount, my statement is that its stated they are on a LOYALTY plan.Smiley Happy

0 Me gusta

juliebugg
Novice

Well your very welcome Smiley Happy  just want to be clear there is a BIG difference between loyalty plans and loyalty Data. The data makes no change to the plan at the same rate, the plan changes you to one of the lower amounts possible not allowing the discount to apply to the acct. which is why online when checking the status you can still see you are valid but its not reflecting, unfortunately with this problem VZW cant really apply the discount because its a system reading not a mess up on an agents part. If you contact employment validation they will actually tell you the accurate info which is exactly as im explaining (1-800-890-8007) hope they clear it all up for you.

Smiley Happy have a great day all