cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Did not get the promotion I was promised!

Miembro

I upgraded two of my lines with new Google Pixel phones on November 13th, 2016. I was told that I am going to get a promotion, buy one Pixel phone, get one 50% off. The ads were all over the internet! The store clerk promised that the discount would "just show up on my account". Well, it never happened. I have contacted Verizon numerous times, by phone and through their chat service and every time had to retell my story. They all looked it up and told me "sure, you are eligible". I can paste chat transcripts here! Every time they promised me that it is going to kick in in a week or two. Every time I've asked for a call-back confirming whether I am going to get the promotion or not! Never happened.

They do not provide a case number on the phone, you cannot email customer service so you call them, talk to a rep and then have to start over the next time.

I am frustrated, to say the least! What would you have done if you were in my shoes?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Did not get the promotion I was promised!

Miembro

Hola all,

Quick update! Thanks to @CoreyM_VZW and after some back and forth I got the promotion credit deposited.

Good luck to you all

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Expert

Are both devices and lines still active on your account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Miembro

Yes, they are!

I have never been told that "Sorry, you are not eligible because  you have done this or that", look at this for example:

[Removed]

chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Did you put the devices on a payment plan?  Pay for them outright?

We did the same thing on Nov. 11 - 2 Pixel's, buy one get one half off on lines eligible for upgrade.  From Day 1 we have seen the device payment plan reflect that - one payment of $27.xx and a second of $13.xx.  Over the course of 24 months we will pay half for one phone and full for the other.  The "buyout price" also reflects that one is half the cost of the other.

What do your receipts show for that days purchase?  (You can view the docs on line if you don't have the store receipt).  What does your billing show that you are paying for each line?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

AMIZAN80​ , I can assure you this is not the experience we wanted you to have when purchasing two new phones. We want to determine why the promotion has not been applied to your account. Ann154 and SuzyQ have asked great follow up questions. Are both lines still active? Were both devices purchased on a Device Payment Plan?

Keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes

Miembro

Thank you for the follow up, Both lines are active, both purchased together on the same day (Nov 13th) and I do have a Device Payment Plan for both devices.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

And both are showing the same device payment of $27.xx and change?  Does the payoff amount show full price to pay off each line?  Our has shown one at half the cost of the other since the day we did the transaction.

Was this at a corporate store or an authorized reseller?  Best Buy?  Costco?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Both are showing $27.50 (I am also getting $8.33 for trade-in on each line). I got the phones at Verizon Store in a mall. Payoff amount for both phones is $550.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Hmm, the trade in credit may be part of the issue.  The other is that if this was done at one of the mall kiosks, it may have been a reseller, and not a corporate store.  They often have their own terms and deals... The trade in credit may be superseding the buy one get one half off deal, and so the second credit for 1/2 off is not getting applied ... this may need to be escalated through customer service, which I can't do.  I'm just another customer like you. 

yarelim_vzw​, can you take this further?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

AMIN, our goal is to set the correct expectations with our available promotions. Not receiving a credit since November is definitely a concern for us. For us to fully assist, please respond to the private message.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes