cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Did Verizon eliminate Canada 1000 min for $10 option?

Miembro

A big reason we switched from AT&T to Verizon a couple years back was so that when we travelled to Canada, we could pay $10/month and get 1000 minutes of calls and unlimited texting (but no data) for all lines on the account while traveling in Canada.  I was checking on Verizon's site today and I can't find that option anywhere, unless you are a prepaid customer with them.  Instead for Shared Everything contract customers, they have a plan that looks an awful lot like AT&T's where you pay $15/month and get only 100 minutes calling and 100 texts PER LINE.  We have two phones when we travel to Canada.  So do the math.  Old Canada plan: $10/month and you get 1000 minutes of calls and unlimited text.  New Canada plan $30/month and you get only 100 minutes and 100 texts.  So they charge us 3x as much for 1/10 of the service?!?!?  WTF?  Thanks Verizon, nice to see customer gouging is alive and well.  Yes, I see that you get 100 MB of data now, but that was always an add-on if we wanted it (and we didn't need it).  Any chance that Verizon will reverse this HORRIBLE decision?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Did Verizon eliminate Canada 1000 min for $10 option?

Community Manager
Community Manager
JamesSac

I do apologize for the confusion, let's get this all straighten out. The More Everything Plan Canada and Mexico plans are only available for account under a business name and responsibility. This plan is no longer available for consumer accounts.

For the plans that you saw under the Global and roaming packages, there are data only options, the two bundles that include voice, data, and messages, or just the pay as you go rates.  The rates that are shown on our site are not customizable.  The data only plans can not have voice minutes added to it. The options are $10.00 for 100MB's of data or $20.00 for 250 MB's of data. If you want to only add a data plan, and use minutes those minutes will bill at $0.99 per. I hope this clears things up for you.  

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Did you call and ask for the More Everything Canada plan - it was $15 for 1000 roaming minutes. Even though it is not on the website, it might still be available, report back.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks Weth.  I stand corrected on the $15 cost.  I will check in with them.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Following Weth's advice, I did a live chat with Verizon.  That rep told me that the $15 "More Everything Canada and Mexico 1000 minute" plan is still an option.  I did a Google search for "Verizon More Everything Canada Mexico" and did see this listed under their business plans.  It used to be clearly listed as an option for individual/family plans also but no longer is.  I don't plan to add this till August and so I hope this rep was correct.  I will try to post an update then.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
JamesSac

It is important to us that you know all of your options while traveling to Canada. While we no longer have the Canada plan for 1000 minutes we do have other plan options for travel there.  Our plans incorporate calls, minutes, and data. One feature starts at $15.00 for 100 minutes, 100 MB's of data and depending on your plan you will have the allowance of the unlimited messaging.  You can learn more about the feature options we have available for traveling to Canada by visiting http://vz.to/1KGJ6fr.

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

So now I am confused again.  LiveChat representative says it is available, but Verizon rep here says it isn't.  Which is it?  And if it is no longer available, can Verizon explain why they took this option away?  And don't tell me it is an improvement for Verizon customers because that is simply not true.  Will Verizon explain this?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

So if a Verizon rep comes by who can explain what exactly is going on, allow me to lay out my questions specifically:

1. Is the "More Everything Canada and Mexico" plan by which you paid $15 and got 1000 minutes/unlimited texting/no data while traveling in Canada still an option for those who are in a 2 year Verizon "share everything" contract plan?  I see reference to this here More Everything Plan - Verizon Wireless but it seems to be for business plans, but doesn't specifically limit it to them.

2. If the answer to Question #1 is "no", then I turn to the Canada plans described here Global Roaming | Verizon Wireless.  From what I can gather, you can pay $10 to get 100MB of data; or you can pay $15 to get 100MB of data/100 voice minutes/100 texts.  That much is clear.  But there is then a link if you need more.  Then an option comes up that says you can pay $20 to get 250 MB of data or "for $10 more" get 250 voice minutes/250 texts.  So my question is, if you want the minimum data (100MB) but the extra voice minutes, can you pay $10 plus $20 to get 100MB of data and 250 voice minutes/250 texts?  Or can you only do the 250 voice minutes option if you buy the 250 MB for $20?

3. And I would really like to understand why (if answer to question 1 is "no"), you killed the "More Everything Canada and Mexico" plan for individual/family plans, but retained it for business and pay-as-you-go plans.  Why is Verizon targeting individual/family plans in this way?  I am not seeing any rational argument for the bifurcation other then to gouge customers.  If 1000 minutes for $15 was not feasible for Verizon for its individual/family plans then it wouldn't be feasible for business or pay-as-you-go customers either.  So it can't be that.

4. Finally, a suggestion.  If Verizon is going to make a major change in a specific area (and I get that this change probably doesn't affect too many people, but for those that it does affect, this is a big change), would it be too difficult to announce the change, give a rationale for it, explain CLEARLY what the new options are, and make sure that ALL your representatives actually were informed.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
JamesSac

I do apologize for the confusion, let's get this all straighten out. The More Everything Plan Canada and Mexico plans are only available for account under a business name and responsibility. This plan is no longer available for consumer accounts.

For the plans that you saw under the Global and roaming packages, there are data only options, the two bundles that include voice, data, and messages, or just the pay as you go rates.  The rates that are shown on our site are not customizable.  The data only plans can not have voice minutes added to it. The options are $10.00 for 100MB's of data or $20.00 for 250 MB's of data. If you want to only add a data plan, and use minutes those minutes will bill at $0.99 per. I hope this clears things up for you.  

TionnaB_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

TionnaB,  Thanks for trying to sort this out.  If you go to this site Global Roaming | Verizon Wireless, you see the following advertised:  "100 MB Monthly Allowance* - $10 Monthly Access per line (*Overages: $10 per 100 MB, 10¢ per minute, 10¢ per text sent)."  Then to the right it says "For $5 more monthly per line, add: 100 minutes;100 sent texts; PLUS Unlimited received texts* (*Overages: $10 per 100 MB, 10¢ per minute, 10¢ per text sent)".  Then there is a link that says "Need More Data, Minutes or Text?"  If you click on that, you get the following "250 MB Monthly Allowance* $20 Monthly Access per line (*Overages: $10 per 100 MB, 10¢ per minute, 10¢ per text sent)."  And again, to the right it says "For $10 more monthly per line, add: 250 minutes; 250 sent texts; PLUS Unlimited received texts* ((*Overages: $10 per 100 MB, 10¢ per minute, 10¢ per text sent)."

So do the math:  The voice mail rate for the $10 or $20 data plans is 10 cents per minute.  For "$5 more" you can get 100 minutes (5 cents per minute rate), or for "$10 more" you can get 250 minutes (4 cents per minute).  So what does the "$5 MORE" refer to?  MORE then what?  What does the "$10 MORE" refer to?  MORE then what?  Can you just pay $5 or $10 "MORE" then your regular US domestic monthly contract cost to get 100 or 250 voice minutes in Canada?  Or is it $5 or $10 "MORE" then the $10 or $20 data plan?

Do you see what I am asking?  The Verizon website is very unclear on this.  Is the "$5 more" or "$10 more" options for voice minutes/texts separate and distinct from the $10 and $20 data plans?  Or is one of the data plans required before you can get to the voice/text plans?  And if a data plan is required first, can you do the $10 data plan with the "$10 more" voice/text plan?  Do you have two options to add data ($10 or $20) and then two separate and distinct options to add voice/text ($5 or $10)?

And do you have an address I could write to in order to express my displeasure at all this?  I really think that this is beyond the pale in terms of customer service (not you in trying to explain this mess, but the way Verizon is without any adequate notice or explanation doing away with a really good plan and then doing a horrible job explaining what the new options are).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesSac,

I can see where the confusion has come from. The site is a little hard to understand the new plans. Sorry about that! In order to add the minutes and texts, you have to have the data plan first. That was what the wording meant by "for $5.00 more." So if you want data only, it is $10.00. If you want calls, text, and data, it is $15.00.

I have submitted feedback on this for you on your behalf. The way the wording is on the site can be very confusing to understand. This way our website design team will review this and see about changing this up to make sure it is more easily understandable. Please let us know if you have any additional questions about what plan options are avalable for you.

NicoleB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes