cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Did I make a mistake by switching over to Unlimited?

MJW2018
Miembro

We switched over to Unlimited, did I make a mistake. Several months ago my wife replaced her phone. Her old iphone died and we visited a Verizon Store (Independent), bought the phone and the salesman said we should switch over to an Unlimited plan.

We have two iphones and a Verizon Hotspot coffee can sized antennae mounted outside. Maybe this is what you call a home solution internet device. Before we switched we bought our data, 80gb/mo for $90, and payed the minimum for data on the iphones (we don't use much data on the phones.) On the unlimited plan we get throttled down on the can antennae (hotspot) after 15g. Can I go back to what we had before? Is there an upgrade to my plan where I can purchase more data monthly? Thanks in advance for your responses. Mike

Labels (1)

Re: Did I make a mistake by switching over to Unlimited?

MJW2018
Miembro

This is the Original Poster again. I just had a thought and wanted to run it by you all. What happens if after I get throttled down on the cantenna, hot spot, I switch over to using the iphones as personal hotspots. Would that work or will I get throttled down on the iphones as well?

I should mention that we use a laptop and ipad at home, this is why we got the cantenna originally with the 80 gigs/month.

Ann154
Expert

You can call customer service to see if the higher tiered data plans are still available. You can also consider splitting your cantenna into a separate subaccount with a tiered data plan just for it.

Yes, you can use your phone mobile hotspot after you reached the 15 GB high speed limit on the hotspot usage on the cantenna.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

lukevinyl

An 80GB plan really doesn't compare with an unlimited plan if you were using close to the 80 GB and it was all coming from one device. The unlimited plan can be great for those that use roughly the 23 GB or less monthly per line (on a smartphone) and is typically the most data for the price that can be obtained but a single line using consistently more (in the area  of 80GB) would be better suited to a tiered data plan as Ann154​ advised.....

0 Me gusta

MJW2018
Miembro

Thank you Ann154@. I'll give customer service a cal and see what they can do for us.

0 Me gusta

MJW2018
Miembro

Thank you lukevinyl, good information.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

MJW2018,

You're on the right track. If your phones are on our Unlimited option as well, yes, you can utilize the hotspot on your devices once your cantenna meets the allowance. Simply connect directly from the phones. 

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta