cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Did I lose $400-800 and a trade-in device because I paid outright?

Miembro
Last Thanksgiving (Nov 28) I bought an iPhone 11 when Verizon was doing a promotion. There were two promotions for one purchase.

• First, if you trade in an eligible device, you get $400 in monthly credits over the course of 24 months.
I traded in an iPhone 6s and was told by email that the device was received and matched my description.

• Second, receive a $400 Mastercard if you purchase a phone on a new line.
I was a new customer so not a problem, I purchased the iPhone 11 and ported my number over to a new line on Verizon.
When I made the order online, I did so within the time constraints of the promo, and I took the steps after purchasing to submit my promo code.
Now I'm being lead to believe that since I paid for my phone outright rather than on monthly payments, I am not eligible for the Mastercard. Along with this development, I haven't received any trade-in credit.
Here are some reasons why I think I was misled, let me know what you think.
  1. On the product page for the iPhone you can choose your payment option between fixed or monthly payments. When I changed to a fixed payment the promo information offered did not go away, in fact if my memory serves me right there were some differences in the promotion information depending on if you chose fixed or monthly. This is why I think I was so confident in going ahead with paying outright.
  2. I chose fixed payment and went ahead with the order. When I did, the website itself guided me through the process of submitting trade-in information in the process of my order. Why would it do so if I was not qualified in the first place?
  3. I contacted Verizon many times, weeks apart. Initially my promo submission was marked as invalid because the phone number attached was of another device on the account, this was cleared up and I was told that after further review I should be good to go. After periods of waiting, I would talk to agents again and they would tell me to wait one more week, or one more month for the review process to clear up. Recently after returning to what has been a frustrating waiting process, an agent tells me that I am not eligible at all (because I chose to pay outright), 5 months after I made the initial purchase.

I still have this phone, I'm still with Verizon service, but I haven't received anything back from Verizon, not through a Mastercard nor in monthly credits for my trade-in. I also no longer have my iPhone 6s which I traded in and which was in excellent condition.

Is there anything I can do? Why would Verizon prefer me to pay over the course of 24 months interest free instead of all at once? Why did they take my trade-in then do nothing to inform me of updates?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Did I lose $400-800 and a trade-in device because I paid outright?

Asistencia al cliente

This promotion required purchasing a device payment agreement.

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Can I get my iPhone 6s back that Verizon directed me to trade-in?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Hello dew0121,

I'm sure we can review the details of your account and the promotion. I will send you a Private Note, so we can continue.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes