cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Definition of throttling

kaybracon
Miembro

I understand that Verizon can throttle my line when I exceed 22GB.  I signed up for that, and I'm not complaining.

However, is there any way to know when it's happening? 

They say speed may be reduced; I'm seeing speeds reduced to unusable levels - less than 100kb/s.  Is there a lower limit on how low they may go?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Definition of throttling

dexman

In the past, I remember a post that advised that data speed would be reduced to 3G. It was a while back, but, others may still be able to provide the exact verbiage.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

It is deprioritized not necessarily throttled.

Beyond Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Number 12.

Cuando tu línea exceda los 22 GB durante el ciclo de facturación, la mayoría de las veces seguirás disfrutando de la misma experiencia de red excelente de red.

Si ya usaste 22 GB en una línea en particular durante tu ciclo de facturación actual y usas una torre de telefonía celular que está congestionada en ese momento, es posible que tus descargas queden temporalmente pendientes con respecto a otros clientes de Verizon. Esto puede producir velocidades de descarga más lentas en relación con la experiencia de otro cliente de Verizon en la misma torre de telefonía celular en ese momento.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Devilzplaygrnd
Miembro

We don't get the 22gb anymore they dropped the 22gb of high speed and didn't tell us anything. Now to get the high speed 22gb you have to move to a higher prices plan.. Such a bad move for a carrier to at the beginning this year offer is this plan for 80.00 then give us a discount to 75 then out the blue just take our 22gb high speed and drop us down to regular internet unlimited with only steaming at non peak times.. Low blow there Verizon

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Devilzplaygrnd wrote:

We don't get the 22gb anymore they dropped the 22gb of high speed and didn't tell us anything. Now to get the high speed 22gb you have to move to a higher prices plan.. Such a bad move for a carrier to at the beginning this year offer is this plan for 80.00 then give us a discount to 75 then out the blue just take our 22gb high speed and drop us down to regular internet unlimited with only steaming at non peak times.. Low blow there Verizon

Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Ann154 wrote:

Devilzplaygrnd wrote:

Which plan do you have?

Never mind. I see that you are on the prepaid plan from your other posts. Prepaid plans are different from the postpaid plans. Prepaid is also lower priority than postpaid. If you need higher priority service, switch to a postpaid account.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Having good data speed is important, IalreadyHaveAn Account. Ann154 and dexman provided some good information, and we wanted to provide additional detail. This link provides information on network management at the bottom of the page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/

To ensure you're getting the best experience possible, how often do you see slower speeds? Are you over 22GB of data usage for the bill cycle when you experience slower speeds?

Lynn_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta